TRANSFORM BASIC ELDERSHIELD COVER TO AVIVA-MY CARE

this is a forum set up to discuss everything about Medical Insurance in Singapore

Moderator: Dennis Ng

TAN SOH HUAN

TRANSFORM BASIC ELDERSHIELD COVER TO AVIVA-MY CARE

Post by TAN SOH HUAN »

Hi Dennis,

Can I ask for advice whether it is the need to transform my ElderShield cover into an enhance protection - AVIVA My Care or My Care Plus, which will provide with a higher monthly and unlimited lifetime or up 12 years payout than basic ElderShield. :)

With the best regards,
Soh Huan
Darren Lee
Silver Forum Contributor

Re: TRANSFORM BASIC ELDERSHIELD COVER TO AVIVA-MY CARE

Post by Darren Lee »

TAN SOH HUAN wrote:Hi Dennis,

Can I ask for advice whether it is the need to transform my ElderShield cover into an enhance protection - AVIVA My Care or My Care Plus, which will provide with a higher monthly and unlimited lifetime or up 12 years payout than basic ElderShield. :)

With the best regards,

Hi Soh Huan,

When one is Not able to perform 3/6 Activities of Daily Living (ADL), they will need someone by their side to take care of them.

Currently, there are two version of Basic ElderShield that people are having:

1. Benefit payment $300/month for 5years
2. Benefit payment $400/month for 6years

The benefits of course is meant to defray cost of nursing care or home care.

However, in today's standards $300/$400 per month is insufficient to pay for even domestic care and it expires after 5/6yrs leaving them with no support.

Its would be wise to increase the benefits. Aviva's MyCare or MyCare Plus are one of the better supplements in the market. Medisave can be use to purchase such supplement.

Darren Lee
Darren Lee
TAN SOH HUAN

Post by TAN SOH HUAN »

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your advise.

Regards,
Soh Huan
Soh Huan