Dennis Ng's Upcoming Talks/Interviews in Media or Public

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Dennis Ng's Upcoming Talks/Interviews in Media or Public

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

I created this special discussion thread to announce up-coming Talks/Interviews in Media so that you can look out for them.

Mark down 18 Feb 2012 on your calendar, becos...I'll be sharing How to Prepare for the Next Global Financial Crisis at the Traders Education Festival 2012!

http://ads1.shareinvestor.com/email/201 ... index.html
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Dennis Ng's Upcoming Talks/Interviews in Media or Public

Post by Dennis Ng »

look out for the Special Property Supplement by Business Times tomorrow. I wrote an article entitled "Get smart on property financing".

This is the 7th year that I'm invited to write the only article on Housing Loan in the Business Times Property Supplement.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all,

some of you might think that this seminar is NOT relevant to you since you only work as eg. an Engineer, Accountant, Office Executive....well, you're wrong.

Have you ever seen someone who got promoted just becos he/she can Present better than you?

Have you ever seen someone who got the girlfriend/boyfriend just becos he/she can present better than you?

Have you ever been asked to say something in public, such as your Birthday, your Wedding or Company meeting and you felt that you wished you know how to Present better?

Sometimes, being able to Present well or NOT can be a Make OR Break Moment in your life.

The Upside Potential of learning the "Secrets to Powerful Presentation" can be so much, the downside, just a little investment of your Time and Money. What is a wise decision to make?

I leave it for you to decide. This may be the last chance to attend this Seminar at Special Price of S$1,598 as we are likely to up the price to S$2,998. Don't wait till the price to go up to S$2,998 before you decide to take action.

Just look at me as a real life example. If I don't know how to present well, perhaps today I might still earn about S$2,500 a month as a Financial Planner instead of earning over S$50,000 a month NOW after I learned how to present myself well. Now, I'm a sought after speaker by various media, including Radio, TV etc.

ALL my staff have invested their own money to attend this seminar and ALL of them hated me when I made it compulsory for them to attend, but after attending the seminar, ALL of them thanked me profusely for "forcing" them to attend this seminar. They finally realised why I made it compulsory for them to attend (use their own money to pay for the seminar as well), becos if I didn't make it compulsory, I guess probably just 1 or 2 of my staff will make the decision and take action to attend this seminar.

For this seminar, we cap the max attendees per Seminar to 30, keeping the number small so that we can ensure that Each participant has enough Time and Opportunity to practise what they learned at the seminar in the Seminar itself
...it's very different from my seminars as this seminar emphasize on Practice, Practice, Practice during the seminar itself. How I wished that when I started conducting talks 12 years ago that I could have learned from someone the Right way to present...which is why I get Kenneth Kwan to Design and Conduct this Special Seminar "Secrets to Powerful Presentation".

P.S As a comparison, I have paid a few thousand dollars to attend a "Train the Trainer" program (similar program) which they have over 1,000 attendees...obviously, the organiser's main objective is to make as much money for themselves instead of trying to give the Most Value to the attendees.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Dennis Ng wrote:Learning how to speak well has accelerated my success in the last few years, but I learned through many years of trial and error. How I wish that I could have learned from someone all the techniques I learned through the years.

Now you can skip the many years of mistakes I made by learning how to speak well from my good friend, Kenneth Kwan, a keynote and motivational speaker sought after by corporations in 6 countries and featured by News Radio 938 "Live".

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

According to Research, Public speaking is the number one fear humans face and is ranked higher than dying. As we were taught to speak since young, have you ever wondered why most people feel fearful when they are asked to speak, a skill they have learnt since age 1 or 2 years old?

Have you ever wanted to overcome this fear? If you were given a task to speak in front audiences, how would you engage them and make them feel for you? The truth is that most people can speak, but few can do it well. And would you like others to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars just to listen to you speak? Successful Public Speaking Workshop will present you quick and useful tips that will accelerate your speaking capabilities and charm your audience!

Workshop Synopsis

ü What you are missing out if you are not able to speak effectively

ü Learn ways to emotionally connect with your audience from the stage

ü Experience a speaking tip to overcome your fear of public speaking

ü How to influence people and get them to constantly listen to you

ü Learn different ways of starting a speech and how to end it well

ü Learn the one important tip that will change your whole speaking style

Speaker: Kenneth Kwan - a keynote and motivational speaker sought after by corporations in 6 countries and featured by News Radio 938 "Live"

Workshop Date: 19th January 2012 (Thursday)

Workshop Duration: 2 hours (7:30pm to 9:30pm) (Registration from 7 pm onwards)

Workshop Fee: Complimentary

Workshop Venue: Wealth Directions Office (9 Penang Road #13-15 Park Mall S 238459)

To register for this workshop, please email your Name, Mobile Phone Number and email address to
seminar@MasterYourFinance.com Seats are Limited and running out fast, please email us ASAP to grab your seat now.

Who Should Attend: Those who desire to gain an unfair competitive advantage over others, these could include professionals, leaders, sales personnel, employers or anyone who wishes to improve public speaking and influence over people

About the Speaker

Kenneth Kwan is a keynote and motivational speaker employed by corporations to stir desire with their audiences. He has personally spoken to 6700 people and has travelled to 6 countries. Clients like Ministry of Manpower, Sime Darby, AIA, Ricoh, Immigration and Checkpoints Authority and many more have invited him to speak to their staff.

He has also been featured over National Radio, 938FM and has eight articles featured in the Straits Times and HR magazines. He seeks to help you make an impact, not an impression.

What others say about Kenneth

“This program got me started to do something which I always avoid. It makes me face my greatest fear and I found that it is not so difficult after all.” - Chelsia Lim, Relationship Manager

“We may have witnessed great speeches but what Kenneth has done is to distill down the techniques so that we too can move and inspire from the stage.” - Serene Loong, Investor

“It's a really great experiential learning experience. Your techniques added my knowledge in these areas.” - Hendra, Software Development Engineer
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Tomorrow morning on 4 April 2012 (Wed), I'll be on Channel 8 7.30 am 早安您好 "Live" to discuss what are the things to consider and plan especially on financing part for those thinking of buying a 2nd property, or upgrading or downgrading.

Repeat telecast on same day at 9 am.

I'll go to sleep soon, need to reach TV station by 7 am to standby...
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I'm writing a Personal Finance column once a month for the magazine "Share Investment", here's an article I wrote:

http://www.sharesinv.com/articles/2012/ ... debt-free/

Perspective| 16 March 2012
Should You Pay Off Debt To Be Debt Free?
By Dennis Ng

Many books on Personal Finance advised you to pay off your debt as soon as possible, so as to be debt free. However, many people do not know that there is a difference between good debt and bad debt.

Any debt on consumption is bad, as the value of consumables such as electrical appliances goes down over time. Thus, if you were to purchase consumables by taking on instalment plans, you would end up losing money. For instance, a flat-screen TV set might cost $5,000 or more four years ago. If you were to pay using a four-year instalment plan, by the time you finished paying, a similar TV set might cost only $1,000 or 80% cheaper.

What Is A Good Debt?
So what is a good debt? This refers to debt that is possible to earn a higher return than the interest paid. One common form of good debt is housing loan. If you want to buy a flat but do not have enough cash on hands or monies in the Central Provident Fund (CPF) to pay in full, you can get a housing loan.

Thirty years ago, a five-room flat cost approximately $100,000. If you withheld from buying because you were unable to pay in full, then 30 years on, you might realised that the same flat is now valued at over $400,000 – making it even more difficult to buy. Conversely, if you had paid a down-payment of $20,000 and borrowed 80 percent by a 30-year housing loan, even after assuming an interest rate of 5 percent, the total interest payable would only work out to be about $74,604 or a total sum of $174,604. Compared to the current market value of over $400,000, you will actually make a gain if you had taken on the loan.

High Interest Rate On Housing Loan?
Many people have the misconception that the interest rate on housing loan is high. If you were to borrow $300,000 and repay over a 25-year period, assuming an interest rate of 4 percent, the total interest payable is about $175,053. The monthly instalment would work out to be $1,583, of which $983 is interest payment while only $600 goes toward principal repayment. Thus, many people try to make lump sum repayment as they want to pay off their housing loans as soon as possible. However, they forget that interest on housing loan is calculated on a reducing balance method. Fifteen years on, the loan outstanding would be reduced to $158,224 – each month, interest payable would reduce to $531 while principal repayment would rise to $1,052.

On the other hand, if you were to invest, your money would grow like a snowball. By investing $300,000 for a 25-year period, assuming an annual return of 4 percent, your sum would grow to $799,751 or by 266.6 percent. Hence, comparing the two, the total interest payable on housing loan is $175,053 while total return on investing is $499,751! So, if you’re still thinking of trying to pay off your housing loan as soon as possible, you would be better off investing your savings than making lump sum repayment on the loan.

While the average guy tries to pay off his debt, I observe that the rich borrow to become richer. One recent example is Genting Singapore, which recently issued bonds with an annual coupon of 5.15 percent. Considering the current inflation rate of 5 percent, the coupon would leave real interest at only 0.15 percent. Moreover, if Genting Singapore were to invest and achieve a return of 10 percent, it would make an annual return of 4.85 percent.

If you want to get rich, you need to think and act like the rich – instead of trying to be debt free, borrow money to become richer.

Dennis Ng is an accountant by training and has 19 years of bank lending experience. He founded http://www.HousingLoanSG.com, a leading mortgage consultancy firm in Singapore, in 2003 and is often quoted by the media for comments on financial matters.

He is also the founder of http://www.MasterYourFinance.com, a financial education portal, and conducts seminars to educate people on ‘How to Reach Financial Freedom and Secrets to Investing into Stocks and Property’. He is also the author of the first chinese/english book on personal finance in Singapore entitled "Mastering Your Personal Finance"/[如何做个理财掌门人]. His latest book “What Your School Never Taught You About Money” has topped the Straits Times Bestseller list.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

What do you work as? Someone asked me. "I own 3 businesses, but now my full time "work" is learning and sharing everyday. Tomorrow 20 Apr 2012 I'll be on News Radio 93.8 FM from 10 am to 11 am sharing, stay "tuned" for it.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I was invited and started writing for share investment (a fortnightly magazine) once a month since Feb 2012. Here's the link for my past articles:

Chinese Version:
http://www.sharesinv.com/zh/?author=35707

English Version:
http://www.sharesinv.com/author/dennis-ng/
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

You can get my latest updates on twitter as well: https://twitter.com/#!/dennisngkw
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

In early Jan 2012, I didn't say that the next Global Financial Crisis will happen by March 2012, that was actually what the TV hosts said. I commented that no one knows the exact timing, but the Next Global Financial Crisis can still happen in year 2012 and even possibly by Jun 2012.

The next Global Financial Crisis is likely to be worse than the year 2008's Crisis, and I explained why in the TV interview on "AM Live!" on Channel News Asia when I was interviewed for what I shared in my latest book "What Your School Never Taught You About Money".

Year 2008 Crisis we basically only have U.S. in trouble, while in the next Crisis we are likely to have BOTH U.S. and Europe in trouble, coupled with economic slowdown in China and Japan, so basically ALL the G4 (the biggest 4 economies of the world) are likely to slowdown or in trouble in the next Crisis, this is is why it is likely to be worse than year 2008's Crisis.

Again, I explained that the Rich have very different idea on Asset Allocation, they have very dynamic Asset Allocation, ie. in 1 year, they can be 70% invested, and in another year, they can have 70% in Cash and only 30% invested, the exact opposite. Most people diversify by investing into Unit Trusts in different countries and regions eg. U.S., Europe, Asia, without realising that when Markets Fall, they call fall together, so no matter which country you invested your money in, you still lose money...

Here's the TV interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8SK_BqfXQ
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

As you might know, since Feb 2012, every Monday, from 9.30 am to 10 am, I'm on Internet Radio http://www.in988.com with DJ Ning Na 宁娜 (who is also one of my seminar graduate) in a program entitled 一切从理财开始

Good News! This week onwards, every Thursday, from 10 am to 11 am, I'll be on Capital Radio 95.8 FM with DJ Xu Bing 徐冰 on a "Live" Radio program entitled 理财高手. This program started more than 1 month ago, but during that month, it was sponsored by MAS Money Sense program.

Not sure what we'll be discussing this week, as Xu Bing 徐冰 and I have not finalised what to talk about. My only worry is that I might run out of things to talk about...as I've already done a 2-year Radio program with Capital Radio 95.8 FM from year 2003 to year 2005.

Other than these 2 Radio programs, I'm also a columnist for 3 publications, namely My Paper http://www.mypaper.sg (fortnightly on alernate Tue, next article is published tomorrow, which I just finished writing today at 2 pm after I came back home from the Radio program in the morning). I also write for shareinvestment once a month, (next article is published in the coming issue on 12 May 2012)

http://www.sharesinv.com/author/dennis-ng/ - English version

http://www.sharesinv.com/zh/?author=35707 - Chinese version

Last but not least, I also write for Home Buyer, a bi-monthly magazine.

In addition, I also contribute or comment whenever I'm asked to do so for different TV programs (yes, I'll appear in 黄金年华 a few weeks later), newspapers, TV News, etc, etc...

Since Sep 2009, (I've also been contributing articles) to www.imsavvy.sg (a Financial Education website set up by CPF Board), you can read articles written by me here: http://www.cpf.gov.sg/imsavvy/blog.asp?bid=5

The main reason I'm doing all these is to do my part to educate the public, and I'm glad that I'm given many opportunities to do so by various media. (it's again a Real Life example of 心想事成 or Conceive, Believe, Achieve).
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

How to change your Future Financial Situation ? I share this in an article I wrote yesterday which is published today in http://www.mypaper.sg you can just go to the website to read and download the article (it's written in Chinese on page B9.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

如何改变你未来的财务状况?8 May 2012, http://www.mypaper.sg

您对您目前的财务状况满意吗? 如果您对自己目前的财务状况不满意,第一点你必须了解的是你目前的财务状况是“结果”,如果你想改变结果,你首先要找出造成这个结果的“原因”。

如果你目前有一大堆债务,包括信用卡债,原因应该是因为你花费超过收入,入不敷出。或者你是一名所谓的“月光族”,到了月底,便花光了钱。当你知道了造成你目前的财务状况的原因,你就要先改变自己的想法与思维。

改变想法与思维
你想继续入不敷出吗?你想继续做“月光族”吗?如果你不想,那么你想要有一个怎样的财务状况?你想成为“百万富翁”吗?所以首先你需要改变你对自己财务状况的看法与想法。第一步是决定你想要什么?如果你对自己的目标越清楚,成功达到目标的机会就越大。因为除非你想像得到,否则你很难能做到。

例如你想要成为有钱人,那么是想要多少钱?是10万,100万,还是别的数目?如果你心里越清楚就越好。或者你想要拥有自己的房子,那么是怎样的房子?是组屋吗?是公寓吗?是有地住宅吗?面积有多大?地点靠近哪里?有多少间房间? 越清楚越好。

信心与坚决的信念
第二步,信念很重要。你如果想要成为百万富翁,但是你相信你能成为百万富翁吗?如果你不相信,那么我需要告诉你一个坏消息:你将不会成为百万富翁。因为,你仔细观察,你有见过对自己没有信心的成功人士吗? 我没有。很多成功人士当初是从无到有,从平穷到富有,从失败到成功。但是他们都有一个共同点,那就是对自己满怀信心。如果连你自己都对自己没有信心,那么一般的人会对你有信心呢?

记住,你的信心需要是100%,而没有丝毫的怀疑。如果你对目标没把握,或有丝毫的恐惧或怀疑,那么,你可能达到自己之前设定的目标的机会将会降低。

心想事成。我们一般都用脑想,因此为何会说心想呢?华文是一个奥妙的语言,每一个字背后都蕴藏着智慧。当你现在阅读我所写的,你正在用你的逻辑思维来分析与过漉我分享的讯息是否有道理,你在用“脑想”。很多年前,人们用逻辑思考:钢铁比空气重,因此,不可能用钢铁来制造可以飞起来的机器。但是莱特兄弟Wright brothers 却坚信有可能。他们是用坚决的信念相信自己能做到,或是所谓用“心想”。结果,他们真的“心想事成”了,成功地发明了飞机。幸好当时他们没有失去信心,没有在多次尝试失败时放弃,要不然,今天我们可能仍然没有飞机的伟大发明。

在这阶段,你需要知道如何达到目标吗?答案可能出乎你的预料,答案是不需要!因为,当你有坚决的信念相信自己能做到,会发生什么事?这会将你所想要做到的讯息传到无尽的宇宙,而宇宙是“万能”的,宇宙对所有的问题都有解决的方法,宇宙将会将你所需要的人与资源带到你的面前。如果你认为难于相信,我只能对你说,那是我的经验之谈,不是理论。

决定与行动

人因为梦想而伟大。你还有梦想吗?还是在你成长过程中你早已经放弃了自己的梦想,或“想都不敢想”。当你有梦想,当你对自己有坚决的信念相信自己能做到,那便会影响你做的决定与行动。任何梦想没有付诸行动都是“空想”。因此,你一定要为了达到自己的目标,例如累积一百万元而采取行动。如果要累积一百万元,你需要学习钱生钱。因此,你需要学习如何投资钱生钱。你应该读那些书籍呢?你应该上那些课程呢?你必须为自己定下的目标采取行动。万丈高楼平地起,今天就开始行动吧,为自己设下的目标迈开第一步。一步一脚印,当几年后你回头一看,你会为自己的努力而感到自豪,你已经离目标越来越近了。如果你要有一天登上世界最高山峰,今天就从爬一个小山开始吧。正所谓不怕慢,只怕站,别蹉跎岁月了,马上开始吧。

如果你目前欠债,先从每月定时定额的还债开始吧。当你付清卡债后,继续储蓄,每月至少储蓄收入的10%或更多。储蓄是一种习惯,习惯都是先难后易。培养任何习惯,首先可能要“逼”自己,经过一段时日后,你会发现当习惯成自然,你可能还可以储蓄更多,可能不止收入的10%,有可能是20%或更多。

改变自己的消费习惯,在买任何东西前,先问自己,这是“想要”或是“需要”?例如,买新衣,真的需要买吗?家里的衣橱的衣服够吗?可以不买吗?如果不花这个钱,可以将钱存起来,用来投资,加以钱生钱? 三思而后行,不要冲动决定。

定期检讨与重新部署

设定一个固定的时间定期检讨自己的财务状况的进展,例如每三个月,每半年,或每年一次?自己有按照计划行动吗?行动的结果如何?进展是否如预期,或比预期更好或更差? 应该如何改进?需要重新部署?应该如何重新部署?

如果你按照以上的步骤,那么你肯定可以改变自己的未来的财务状况,甚至是任何方面,例如改变自己的未来的健康状况?自己的事业状况?家庭状况,都可以“心想事成”。记住,福特汽车的创办人亨利•福特说:你相信你能做到,或不能做到,你都是对的!(Whether you think you can, or you can’t, you’re correct! 我在此预祝你“心想事成”!

作者拥有多年的银行工作经验,在 2003 年创办房贷咨询网站,www.HousingLoanSG.com , 2009 年创办了www.MasterYourFinance.com
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Dennis Ng wrote:
Good News! This week onwards, every Thursday, from 10 am to 11 am, I'll be on Capital Radio 95.8 FM with DJ Xu Bing 徐冰 on a "Live" Radio program entitled 理财高手. This program started more than 1 month ago, but during that month, it was sponsored by MAS Money Sense program.
Hi all,
yesterday I was informed that MAS has decided to sponsor another 2 weeks of the show, so I'm likely to only "appear" on 24 May 2012 instead.

My apologies, forgot to update everyone of this.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I write once a month for shareinvestment magazine. Here's my latest article:

English Version:
http://www.sharesinv.com/articles/2012/ ... l-freedom/

Chinese Version:
http://www.sharesinv.com/zh/articles/30847/
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

on Monday, 21 May 2012, I'm invited to share on Channel 8 Good Morning Singapore TV program on how to teach children Financial Literacy at about 7.35 am to 7.50 am. Repeat telecast on same day at about 9.05 am.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Cheers!