Moving Forward to New Forum

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Re: Moving Forward to New Forum

Post by candy_chia »

It would be great that there is continual contributions to the "Pay it Forward Project for all seminar graduates" that is currently created under

Board index ‹ All about Personal Developments

So heart-warming to discover alternative ways of sharing related by fellow graduates.
ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Dear all,

2 major clarifications of earlier posts in this thread:

1) "New Forum" in this thread = our new forum without Dennis physical appearance (but his past teaching will be useful reference). It is still the same forum but with more/active involvement from all (compared to earlier forum with >50% posts from Dennis, this will be a drastic change). No one has intention or power to shutdown the current forum. However, if the forum deviates from certain values, it is possible for some forumers to consider alternative forum which is a personal choice.

2) "Commercial Free" for new forum as mentioned in my earliest post, does not mean not to advertise/promote any investment service providers. Instead, it is ok to share contact/website of useful service providers (may or may not belong to Dennis associates' business), as long as the person who recommend it can clearly state the reasons of support. More importantly, a disclaimer should be added (eg. "I am a service provider or having vested interest for the investment option recommended") if one has to recommend his own service or having vested interest (gain from the recommendation), but not excessively, so that forumers can make a fair judgement to make the right choice. Again, it is perfectly ok to make a profit from business, this is the driver of growth, as long as it is done professionally.

Technically, this forum belongs to Dennis, so it is fair for him to advertise/promote his own services (courses, TEP, house loan, etc) or collaborators (wine, land banking, etc) here, esp the graduates have strong trust in him. However, moving forward, I hope a more open-minded approah can be used for future forum (subject to direction of new forum management), to allow discussion on pros/cons of different service providers, eg. TA/FA courses, business setup, endowment plan, etc. After the comparison ("real gold not afraid of fire"), if it is clear that certain services are indeed better, graduates will have a choice based on their individual needs, they may also write a review later.

I have no intention to interfere with admin of this forum. It is just a suggestion, so that the forum may grow stronger with more open and diversified view. I can foresee more active participation from forumers if they feel the views shared are impartial, clearly for their benefits.

I am also glad to see more diversified views shared professionally by different forumers ... agree to disagree, just state the reasons and no personal attack. This is moving in the right direction ...
Einstein: "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler".
Email Dr. Tee: ein55.tee@gmail.com
Ein55 Free Investment Courses and eBook: http://www.ein55.com/free-public-educat ... by-dr-tee/
djwongdj
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by djwongdj »

ein55 wrote:Dear all,

1) "New Forum" in this thread = our new forum without Dennis physical appearance (but his past teaching will be useful reference). It is still the same forum but with more/active involvement from all (compared to earlier forum with >50% posts from Dennis, this will be a drastic change). No one has intention or power to shutdown the current forum. However, if the forum deviates from certain values, it is possible for some forumers to consider alternative forum which is a personal choice.

2) "Commercial Free" for new forum as mentioned in my earliest post, does not mean not to advertise/promote any investment service providers. Instead, it is ok to share contact/website of useful service providers (may or may not belong to Dennis associates' business), as long as the person who recommend it can clearly state the reasons of support. More importantly, a disclaimer should be added (eg. "I am a service provider or having vested interest for the investment option recommended") if one has to recommend his own service or having vested interest (gain from the recommendation), but not excessively, so that forumers can make a fair judgement to make the right choice. Again, it is perfectly ok to make a profit from business, this is the driver of growth, as long as it is done professionally.

Technically, this forum belongs to Dennis, so it is fair for him to advertise/promote his own services (courses, TEP, house loan, etc) or collaborators (wine, land banking, etc) here, esp the graduates have strong trust in him. However, moving forward, I hope a more open-minded approah can be used for future forum (subject to direction of new forum management), to allow discussion on pros/cons of different service providers, eg. TA/FA courses, business setup, endowment plan, etc. After the comparison ("real gold not afraid of fire"), if it is clear that certain services are indeed better, graduates will have a choice based on their individual needs, they may also write a review later.

I have no intention to interfere with admin of this forum. It is just a suggestion, so that the forum may grow stronger with more open and diversified view. I can foresee more active participation from forumers if they feel the views shared are impartial, clearly for their benefits.

I am also glad to see more diversified views shared professionally by different forumers ... agree to disagree, just state the reasons and no personal attack. This is moving in the right direction ...
Agree... :D
lop

Post by lop »

ein55 wrote:Dear all,

Agree... :D
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

sereneloong wrote:Hello all,

I wish to state that this is a Master Your Finance forum, and Master Your Finance is the seminar provider of Dennis' paid seminars including this TA course taught by Yip Kiong. In fact this thread was started by Dennis himself. So Master Your Finance is a service provider in this case if anyone is unclear.

Personally, I am part of a group of trainers Dennis had been training to teach his seminars. (I believe he knew he might be going that's why.) Some of you might be aware that I am one of his trainers who has been presenting the free Path To Financial Freedom workshop to the public on his behalf.

As for other seminars and courses, it is definitely useful to share experiences or learnings in this forum but not promote it commercially. That is one of the guidelines of this forum.

Hope this clarifies,
Serene

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... =11&t=2601
lop

Post by lop »

wintrade wrote:Actually, I'm curious to know what happen to Zipink. Was his acct suspended, or deactivated due to some violation?
thot he was one of the mentor, and promoted back in Feb this year?

So sorry for being out of touch for a while
ein55 wrote:Let's forget the past in "old forum".

If anyone (who has left old forum for some time) is interested to know the background, just refer to some of the forum articles (between late Dennis and some investing mentors / graduates) during Mar- May this year, shd be easy to find. You judge and keep the conclusions to yourselves. After that, let's move forward to the new forum...
Yes, forget about the past. Let's move forward and agree to disagree. This forum should be really for sharing of investing knowledge. All should be encouraged to express their opinions. One can disagree but should respect each other.
learner
Wealth Directions Guest Speaker

Post by learner »

Good news. Read the message posted by Patricia below
(Patricia is Dennis' wife and has been running various businesses set up by Dennis for many years)

Summary of her message:

1. This forum is confirmed to be continued.

2. No change to the forum rules set up by Dennis - hence please continue to abide by those rules.

3. Pl continue to contribute and benefit from this forum.

4. Patricia is now able to add or delete users. Pl give her time to learn other administrator functions.

patap wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your concerns regarding the administration of the forum. I have managed to figure out how to add or delete users. As I am not an IT person, I will need abit more time to figure out the rest of the functions. Please be assured that we will continue with the forum. There is simply too much valuable information contributed by all of you for the last 2 years or so. We hope that all graduates (new and existing) will continue to benefit from this forum. We also hope that all of you will abide by the rules of the forum set by the late founder Dennis Ng.

BTW, to correct some mis-communications, Dennis' laptop is with me (and not with Yew Kin).

Patricia (MasterYourFinance.Com)
thinkofstock
Senior Forum Member

Post by thinkofstock »

lop wrote:
wintrade wrote:Actually, I'm curious to know what happen to Zipink. Was his acct suspended, or deactivated due to some violation?
thot he was one of the mentor, and promoted back in Feb this year?

So sorry for being out of touch for a while
ein55 wrote:Let's forget the past in "old forum".

If anyone (who has left old forum for some time) is interested to know the background, just refer to some of the forum articles (between late Dennis and some investing mentors / graduates) during Mar- May this year, shd be easy to find. You judge and keep the conclusions to yourselves. After that, let's move forward to the new forum...
Yes, forget about the past. Let's move forward and agree to disagree. This forum should be really for sharing of investing knowledge. All should be encouraged to express their opinions. One can disagree but should respect each other.
Hahaha.... this is a long history already. Let the past RIP and important is all investing mentors are back now again for their sharings to benefit newbies like me! :)

Best rgds,
TOS