Investing in NZ (Auckland) 5-stars Service Apartment

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

wchan8888

Investing in NZ (Auckland) 5-stars Service Apartment

Post by wchan8888 »

Hi Dennis and folks in forum,

Just heard of an interesting investment opportunity in New Zealand for a 5 star service apartment in Auckland which guarantee 8% return yield first 2 years.
Does the seniors have any experience or advise on this, please.
Thanks.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Investing in NZ (Auckland) 5-stars Service Apartment

Post by Dennis Ng »

wchan8888 wrote:Hi Dennis and folks in forum,

Just heard of an interesting investment opportunity in New Zealand for a 5 star service apartment in Auckland which guarantee 8% return yield first 2 years.
Does the seniors have any experience or advise on this, please.
Thanks.
Hi wchan8888,
beware.

It might be a "fake" rental yield. They just jack up the price and give you a higher rental yield, you better check and make sure that comparable properties in NZ what are the current selling price and rental rates and occupancy rate.

Invest in what you know. I don't know anything about NZ property, so I won't bother investing. Investing without knowing is akin to Gambling, just that you might think it is investing.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
wchan8888

Post by wchan8888 »

Thanks, Dennis,
Will remember your advise.
investor10
Senior Forum Member

Post by investor10 »

I agree with Dennis on the possible fake rental yield. This is a common method used by developers from KL several years ago. They typically offer rental guarantee of around 8% for 2 or 3 years.

However many do not know that , they have already jacked up the price by 50%. In order to qualify for the rental, buyers must also pay the developer another exorbitant sum to furnish the apartments.

Many who took up the package, end up receiving only the first 1-2 months of rental, as the developer went into financial trouble soon after.
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Isn't this similar methodology used by those selling gold with promises with high return? Or any other scam, whereby the prices have been jacked up first? Then they pay you the return from monies that actually your own monies? Or other investor monies who come and fall later on into the scam.

Too good to be true...
investor10 wrote:I agree with Dennis on the possible fake rental yield. This is a common method used by developers from KL several years ago. They typically offer rental guarantee of around 8% for 2 or 3 years.

However many do not know that , they have already jacked up the price by 50%. In order to qualify for the rental, buyers must also pay the developer another exorbitant sum to furnish the apartments.

Many who took up the package, end up receiving only the first 1-2 months of rental, as the developer went into financial trouble soon after.
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi yhendra,

that is why the only way we can Protect ourselves is to increase our Financial Knowledge.

I still cannot shake off the image of an elderly woman in her 60s crying on the front page of Straits Times a few years ago during the Lehman Brothers saga....this woman put ALL (100%) of her retirement savings into Lehman Brothers mini-bonds and lost money...

At that time I was telling myself one of the basic things I teach is "do not put all your eggs into one basket".....and if she had attended my workshop/seminar that she would not have made this mistake, which is NOT reversible...

Now maybe you can understand why I feel so strongly about educating the public on Financial Knowledge...I feel so strongly that sometimes I inadvertently offended some people without me even realising it becos I speak bluntly.
yhendra wrote:Isn't this similar methodology used by those selling gold with promises with high return? Or any other scam, whereby the prices have been jacked up first? Then they pay you the return from monies that actually your own monies? Or other investor monies who come and fall later on into the scam.

Too good to be true...
investor10 wrote:I agree with Dennis on the possible fake rental yield. This is a common method used by developers from KL several years ago. They typically offer rental guarantee of around 8% for 2 or 3 years.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.