What do you think of Walton land investment

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

chezball
Silver Forum Contributor

What do you think of Walton land investment

Post by chezball »

Hi Dennis,

What do you think of Walton land investment? Currently US property market is at distress level. So is it a good time to invest in US land now?

There is so much positive and negative reports and news about this company. Not sure who to believe... what is your thoughts?
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: What do you think of Walton land investment

Post by Dennis Ng »

chezball wrote:Hi Dennis,

What do you think of Walton land investment? Currently US property market is at distress level. So is it a good time to invest in US land now?

There is so much positive and negative reports and news about this company. Not sure who to believe... what is your thoughts?
Last year, I invested in 3 different projects with Walton in U.S. Personally, I have over S$120,000 invested with Walton.

In my personal opinion, Walton is the ONLY company with such a Long and Established Track Record (30 years), no other Land Banking company comes close.

In my seminar, I shared that Bad Times is Good Time to Buy (Invest), Good time is Good Time to Sell (divest). So, do you think it is a good time to invest into U.S. now?
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
findleowong
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by findleowong »

Hi Dennis,

to invest in Walton, are there any requirements to it & how much the investor need to put in?

Last year, i saw Walton had the roadshow at Smart Expo & the returns from the land investing seems quite good.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

findleowong wrote:Hi Dennis,

to invest in Walton, are there any requirements to it & how much the investor need to put in?

Last year, i saw Walton had the roadshow at Smart Expo & the returns from the land investing seems quite good.
Hi findleowong,
min investment is about US$10,000.

I think if I didn't remember wrongly, I read somewhere their audited average annual compounded returns is over 15% for last 30 years. (over 20% on simple annual returns basis).
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
findleowong

Post by findleowong »

Dennis Ng wrote:

Hi findleowong,

I think if I didn't remember wrongly, I read somewhere their audited average annual compounded returns is over 15% for last 30 years. (over 20% on simple annual returns basis).
You are right Dennis.

The return figures are also shown on their website. The returns seems really good.

So far, have you got any earning return report from them?

Do, you mind sharing with us, till date, how's your investment return with them?

Is it in RED or wait till the US economy recover, the return will be positive?

Thanks
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

findleowong wrote:
Dennis Ng wrote:

Hi findleowong,

You are right Dennis.

The return figures are also shown on their website. The returns seems really good.

So far, have you got any earning return report from them?

Do, you mind sharing with us, till date, how's your investment return with them?

Is it in RED or wait till the US economy recover, the return will be positive?

Thanks
I started investing with Walton in year 2006. So far, none of the projects (about 6 of them) have exited yet.

Typical time frame is 4 to 6 years...hopefully, some of my projects can start exiting next year onwards?

In my 1-day seminar, I share what are the things to consider (my own guidelines) before deciding to invest in Land Banking.
Cheers!

findleowong

Post by findleowong »

I see. Hopefully the US economy will be better and like what you have mention, you can exit from it.

Thanks for sharing and info.

Cheers.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

findleowong wrote:I see. Hopefully the US economy will be better and like what you have mention, you can exit from it.

Thanks for sharing and info.

Cheers.
I only started investing into U.S. Land last year. From year 2006 to year 2009, I invested into Canadian projects. Given that typical time frame is 4 to 6 years for Land Banking, some of the Canadian projects might start exiting from next year onwards.
Cheers!

chezball
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by chezball »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for sharing. I am concern about the falling US$. So that makes investing with Walton a bit risky isn't it? Do you think the risk reward ration is low?

When you invested with them, do you have a choice of land to invest? If yes do where can we do some homework to choose?
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

chezball wrote:Hi Dennis,

Thanks for sharing. I am concern about the falling US$. So that makes investing with Walton a bit risky isn't it? Do you think the risk reward ration is low?

When you invested with them, do you have a choice of land to invest? If yes do where can we do some homework to choose?
Hi chezball,

based on the historical record, the annual returns is about 10% to 20% and average returns is 15%, which means in general, a person doubles his money in about 5 years.

Thus, the high returns acts as buffer for any forex risks, in my opinion. Will US$ lose half its value in 5 years, unlikely in my opinion.

I'm not an expert in Land. I typically leave it to my Land Banking consultant to recommend me the projects.
Cheers!

jon
Senior Forum Member

Post by jon »

Hi Dennis,

Some of your land investments (projected 4-6 yrs exit) bought in 2006 is into the 6th yr in 2011, do you mind sharing with us the actual returns (after tax) when one of them successfully exits? Thanks!
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

jon wrote:Hi Dennis,

Some of your land investments (projected 4-6 yrs exit) bought in 2006 is into the 6th yr in 2011, do you mind sharing with us the actual returns (after tax) when one of them successfully exits? Thanks!
Hi Jon,

I definitely will.

But until now, none of the projects I invested have exited. Hope there'll be some coming soon, since it's already 5 years since I first invested.
Cheers!