80% of Spore Homes Have NO "proper" Fire Insurance

This is a forum created to discuss anything under General Insurance, which can include travel insurance, fire insurance, home content insurance etc, etc.

Moderator: Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

80% of Spore Homes Have NO "proper" Fire Insurance

Post by Dennis Ng »

Do you have fire insurance for your house?

Most people said they have. The answer is both Yes and No.

The type of Fire insurance most people have only covers the ?structure? of the building. It does not anything else. How much did you spend to renovate your house? (if it?s $50,000, sorry, this type of Fire insurance does not cover redoing the renovation). What about your Hi-Fi? Your TV set, your home theatre system, your sofa, your furniture, your wardrobe, your bedroom set. Would that cost you another $20,000? Sorry, all these are not covered.

The recent fire at Tampines (you might have seen on TV news). The flats affected do not have Fire insurance that cover all those things I mentioned above. So imagine, the family having to fork out from their own pocket $50,000 or more to ?restore? their house with renovation and ?content?.

In the recent fire at Tampines, some of them need to be hospitalized as well, the medical bill can amount to $1,000 or more. And in the meantime that their house is still under repairs. They need to find a place to rent, if the restoration takes 2 months, they might have to pay rental of $1,000 a month of $2,000 or more.

I believe that the ?victims? did not insure themselves with ?proper fire insurance? due to ignorance. How would the story be different if they have proper Fire Insurance?

1. all the costs involved including renovation (up to $80,000 would be paid by insurer).

2. content eg. Tv set, furniture (up to $20,000 paid by insurer).

3. medical expenses up to $1,000 paid by insurer as well.

4. Rental of $2,000 paid by insurer (up to max of $8,000

5. Removal of debris $750 paid by insurer

6. Worldwide personal liability up to $350,000 cover (imagine if they caused the fire and neighbour sue them for damages, this is where personal liability cover comes in)

7. Food and drinks in refrigerator (up to $200 paid by insurer).

8. Professional fees (up to $8,000 paid by insurer), Professional fees can be incurred for valuer, lawyer etc.

And imagine this family know of such a ?proper Fire insurance? would they take it up?

Maybe they would ask:?How much is the premium??

For the above benefits that can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars, guess how much is the premium?

Only $66 (before GST) per year or just 18 cents a day!

So now that you have the right knowledge, do you have any reason not to have your house properly insured?

Best of all, we can help you get this Good deal hassle free. Just email to us providing your name, contact no. and email address and we help you with the application. It?s as easy as that. Call us at 6737 8801 or email us at dennis@leverageholdings.com for any discussion or clarification.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
kairos31009

Re: 80% of Singapore Homes Have NO "proper" Fire I

Post by kairos31009 »

Hi Dennis,

Is the fire insurance mentioned still available?

Dennis Ng wrote:Do you have fire insurance for your house?

The type of Fire insurance most people have only covers the ?structure? of the building. It does not anything else. How much did you spend to renovate your house? (if it?s $50,000, sorry, this type of Fire insurance does not cover redoing the renovation). What about your Hi-Fi? Your TV set, your home theatre system, your sofa, your furniture, your wardrobe, your bedroom set. Would that cost you another $20,000? Sorry, all these are not covered.

The recent fire at Tampines (you might have seen on TV news). The flats affected do not have Fire insurance that cover all those things I mentioned above. So imagine, the family having to fork out from their own pocket $50,000 or more to ?restore? their house with renovation and ?content?.

In the recent fire at Tampines, some of them need to be hospitalized as well, the medical bill can amount to $1,000 or more. And in the meantime that their house is still under repairs. They need to find a place to rent, if the restoration takes 2 months, they might have to pay rental of $1,000 a month of $2,000 or more.

I believe that the ?victims? did not insure themselves with ?proper fire insurance? due to ignorance. How would the story be different if they have proper Fire Insurance?

1. all the costs involved including renovation (up to $80,000 would be paid by insurer).

6. Worldwide personal liability up to $350,000 cover (imagine if they caused the fire and neighbour sue them for damages, this is where personal liability cover comes in)

8. Professional fees (up to $8,000 paid by insurer), Professional fees can be incurred for valuer, lawyer etc.

And imagine this family know of such a ?proper Fire insurance? would they take it up?

For the above benefits that can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars, guess how much is the premium?

So now that you have the right knowledge, do you have any reason not to have your house properly insured?

Best of all, we can help you get this Good deal hassle free. Just email to us providing your name, contact no. and email address and we help you with the application. It?s as easy as that. Call us at 6737 8801 or email us at dennis@leverageholdings.com for any discussion or clarification.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi karos31009,

there must have been changes to the product. This posting was made in year 2005.

I cannot offer any value-added comment as I no longer provide insurance service.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
kairos31009 wrote:Hi Dennis,

Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Darren Lee
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by Darren Lee »

kairos31009 wrote:Hi Dennis,

Hi kairos31009,

Fire Insurance like the one mentioned above is available in quite a few variations and many companies offers them.

There are a few pointers to note when considering such insurance

- Insurance Quantum
- Scope of Cover
- Omission of High value items (art pieces or jewellery)
Darren Lee