Secrets to Making Money in Property Seminar

This discussion thread is for forum members to discuss and learn and share with one another on anything related to the Property Market.

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Secrets to Making Money in Property Seminar

Post by Dennis Ng »

Some of my seminar participants feedback to me that they learned more from my 1-day Secrets to Making Money in Property Seminar than other seminars out there that charge thousands of dollars over 3-days.

For what I teach in my 1-day Seminar, here is the link:

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/web/in ... &Itemid=35

P.S. I don't like to waste time. People who attend my seminars know that it is really rich in Content. I personally believe that if I can pack in the content into 1 day, instead of dragging the seminar to 3 days, fill up the time with Games, and other Sales Pitch, then all the seminar attendees also WIN in terms of saving in Time. Time is Money, don't spend more time than is necessary, that is call Wasting Time (and Money, since the time saved can be used to make/grow money).

Below are 2 comments in one forum I read about another 3-day Property seminar that charge you thousands of dollars:

Note: Just becos I copy and paste the comments here does not mean that I agree with the comments and I have no way to know what they said is true since I personally have not attended the seminar mentioned.

Cheers!

DennisNg

Comments from 1 person:

you bet, I am one of the participants. she d not teach at all. she jus a co-ordinator who invite 1 lawyer assistant, 1 clerk who help you open a co., 2 propety "guru". she also introduce USA property, you ppl buy 10 untis she get 1 free. manila property, commercial property etc. she do not teach you anything, there is always disclaimer clause.

pls pple, if you are also the participants, your money is yr responsibility, don invest until you find outmore n ask more qns.

She normally will say she buy how many units, but don show us the contract, who knows? you know, 200pplexpay 3000 for 3 days, she made 600,000 in 3 days. now you know wat is use other pple money to make more.....

her partner is Jerome, malaysian who is almost bankrupt n now clear all debts, how? you must hv guts! to be millionaire use other ppl money as many times as you can. PPl is so easy to put in 60% for a property, yet they still minor shareholder, they cannot ask qns, or involved, or withdraw, Wendy will handle everything. d u investor ask qns, read the contract before invest?

the problem here is the ppl are all way out to get passive income,to make capital gain. they forgot to ask qns n find out more first. they are so trusting in her. watever she do, they follow. by the way,there are more ppl organising such courses. one immitate the other.

she got this entrpneur award.Wonder wat basis is use to give the entpreneur award. I was also eager to learn the technique of property investment ,pay 3k, but d not gain any relevant knowledge n technique. I am very angry but do not know how to get back this money?? most i spoke to are not happy too,but they don want to take action, as they find it troublesome. so wendy know the trend n chances of such thinking. one even cute, still want to cont'nue follow her, not wake up yet, though she know she is already stpd....already invested with her recommendation.

tell yr friend n relative wat is happening here, or they too w swallow their ignorance (lost investment) in silence n don dare to tell anyone. of course, u will make profit in 1st round, slowly then u wake up, not immediate....it took 5 to 8 yrs to find out the truth. who is millionaire? u or her/her partner?

If you are serious of getting your $$ back, you can always band up with the other participants (and probably get those not from your batch as well) to lobby with CASE. I believe Clemen CHiang's Options Trading Course Participants have shown that it is possible to do it if you believe you have sufficient evidence.

And I do agree that the Singapore ENtrepreneur Awards have criterias that are really not stringent enough. Any tom , dick, and harry can apply and I wonder whether the judges/committee verified what is submitted and said by the participants to be authentic.

Comments from 2nd person:

I'm one of those suckers who recently paid $3k to attend the course. IMO, this course is not worth more than 1k. My expectation as an investor is that they really offer some good help and guidance, but all they did was give general tips. Here's what the main highlights of the program:

1) Day 1 (7 to 10pm) - play a property game. The objective is to learn some real estate investment principles followed by a debrief of the game and the concepts - basically buy and hold at low, earn income through rental, sell when high, concept of property investment in gaining passive income, etc - very general property investment info.

2) Day 2 (8 to 5.30pm) - sharing by Jerome (basically sales talk n stuff to psyche you up with his testimonials), sharing by a lawyer (Raney Wong - Nation Law LLC) on property investment and promoting his book (I just realized when I ran a check that he was suspended 15months a few years back for offering kickback http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2B ... 79524.html). Ok, objectively speaking, perhspa no issue with him talking about how he did thigns - but ED should have been upfront with who is the speaker and profile, which is not on the program file when fist signed up). They have another law firm - Vision Law LLC which is based in Chinatown point. The paralegal gives her namecard from Vision Law but office address is the same as Nation Law office in HDB Hub.

The paralegal shared some info on conveyancing and how to check a property owner's background (a CEHA certified agent with good experience should be able to do that) and also to offer their special services (no fees for them to check the background, we only pay the cost required for extracting info of owners from the internet, and also to go through agreements free)

After lunch they got a rep from Shenton Mortgage to share on financing, basically offer services, followed by some general lessons on property (e.g. types of property, etc) which is informative in general, including a 10-sec rule to assess if a property is under or over-valued. This is one piece of info I think is worth coming for, but its not worth the $3 price tag.

3) Day 3 (8 to 5.30pm) - started with a talk by HSR director Patrick Liew which IMO is the best part of the 2.5 days. But he's more like a motivational speaker and ultimately the goal is to get us to sign up for their property training program at $850. I see it as a course preview.

Ken Chee introduced his program on value investing, and then a fung shui master, Ric Ow shared about his services and some info on property again on propoerty by Wendy. The day ended with them trying to sell us other programs from ED.

throughout the 3 days they have been talking about their property lobangs overseas such as Penang and Manila. I believe these are units that they bought in bulk at a discount, n sub-offered to us. I'm not too sure the details though, the property deals sounds good.

At the end of the day, waht can I ay about the course?

(A) receive general information about property which you can find in books. I have not learnt how to find good deals except read classified, know where the auctions were, etc. I though I will at least learn how to analyse a property (CEHA style) and the market but I guess I have to pay $850 to join HSR to learn.

(B) be soaked by alot of sales talk (I literally felt I paid $3k to go for a seminar to get services introduced to me instead of knowledge and core value) - I hope this is unique in PIP only and not other of their courses.

(C) Networking with others.

Perhaps the justification for the high cost of the program was the exposure through marketing via SISTIC, CNA, etc. And the reputaion of Wendy. Herself, SISTIC and CNA should give ppl the assurance that this is a decent program.

If that is indeed the case, then I'm a true blue sucker... hopefully I can at least get a partial refund because it's really a waste of time! I don't think it's fair to get a full refund since they do have a little value in their course and I did consume the tangibles - use of the facilities (air con, chair and plain water) as well as food.

Wendy did during the course preview offer a refund guarantee... but I'm not sure if its valid since the booking form indicate strictly no refund. I have to consider what actions to take... cos I really feel I kenna "scammed", the course is not worth the money.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
wemakebread
Investing Mentor

Post by wemakebread »

oops!

If what the forumer shared is true, then we all need to be more selective and careful when signing up for expensive seminars.

But objectively, it does look like an attractive business model.
Buy property in bulk (probably with very little money down), and resale it to interested parties (eg. look among participants of property seminars).

On the surface, there doesn't seem to be any wrongdoing.
However, this is not something I would do.
Don't feel that it is Win-Win.

Note:
Above is just a personal reflection from reading above post.
It does not imply or suggest that I agree with the comments made.
I am also not able to verify the facts as I have not attended the seminar mentioned.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

wemakebread wrote:oops!

If what the forumer shared is true, then we all need to be more selective and careful when signing up for expensive seminars.

But objectively, it does look like an attractive business model.
Buy property in bulk (probably with very little money down), and resale it to interested parties (eg. look among participants of property seminars).

On the surface, there doesn't seem to be any wrongdoing.
However, this is not something I would do.
Don't feel that it is Win-Win.

Note:
Above is just a personal reflection from reading above post.
It does not imply or suggest that I agree with the comments made.
I am also not able to verify the facts as I have not attended the seminar mentioned.
I'm not sure what is being offered since I didn't attend other property seminars out there.

yes, someone asked me why I don't offer "such an opportunity" to my Property Seminar Graduates.

I shared with them that there are many things the person (organising the deal) can do to "skim" off money from the deal and the Organiser can in fact "invest into properties with no money down", while the seminar graduates bear most of the Risks and have to come out with money (NOT no money down).

Yes, I will not do this (skim money off people) as it does NOT comply with 2 of my 3 Business Principles, which is it might not be totally ethical and is NOT Win/Win (importantly, the Client must Win, not lose).

I have 3 principles to doing Business. I only do Business which is:

1. Legal.
2. Ethical
3. Win/Win

If any business deal cannot pass through ALL 3 criteria, then I will not consider. Even if the business deal pass through all 3 Criteria, I have a 4th Criteria, which is, the business must be in line with my Mission of helping people raise Financial Literacy level and move towards Financial Freedom.

With these 4 Criteria, I know clearly what to say NO to. Life and making decision becomes very Simple and Easy.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
findleowong
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by findleowong »

I heard the same things from one of my friend who has actually attended their program. She is totally pissed off with it. Anyone could arrange those speakers without much effort.

I’m totally disappointed when I heard & saw such people exists in this world.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

findleowong wrote:I heard the same things from one of my friend who has actually attended their program. She is totally pissed off with it. Anyone could arrange those speakers without much effort.

I’m totally disappointed when I heard & saw such people exists in this world.
This is one of the Main Reasons why I started conducting seminars since last year, becos I'm aware that there are many seminars out there that charge a few thousand dollars but teach very little.

Imagine, some of my seminar attendees telling me that my 1-day Secrets to Making Money in Property Seminar cover more content than those 3-day seminars out there.
Cheers!

star88
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by star88 »

I have attended this seminar preview this afternoon, I like the title "Own Properties with LITTLE OR NO MONEY!" The program fee is $29xx, can pay by 12 mths installation by crediit card. :) The staff asked me "Are you interested our program?" I replied "NO", her face immediately change to 'black' :roll: There are NETS and Credit Card machine waiting you make a payment. I have no idea how many of them sign up the program.

Can we own a properties with Litter Or No Moeny?
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

star88 wrote:I have attended this seminar preview this afternoon, I like the title "Own Properties with LITTLE OR NO MONEY!" The program fee is $29xx, can pay by 12 mths installation by crediit card. :) The staff asked me "Are you interested our program?" I replied "NO", her face immediately change to 'black' :roll: There are NETS and Credit Card machine waiting you make a payment. I have no idea how many of them sign up the program.

Can we own a properties with Litter Or No Moeny?
Sure, if you have little money, they will offer to sell you properties in Philippines. Haha. That's what I heard, not sure true or not.

If you have an existing private property bought a few years ago, I can possibly help you buy another SINGAPORE property without coming up any Cash.
Cheers!

star88
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by star88 »

Yes, she mentioned Philippines student apartment, monthly sg$500-600 only and also parking lot sg$10k - $20k. She said thier network can get a good deal with developer eg, paying low downpayment to own a properties, does this true and possible in Singapore?
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

star88 wrote:Yes, she mentioned Philippines student apartment, monthly sg$500-600 only and also parking lot sg$10k - $20k. She said thier network can get a good deal with developer eg, paying low downpayment to own a properties, does this true and possible in Singapore?
Good deal for graduates, or good deal for the Trainer/Organiser?

My www.HousingLoanSG.com business have many clients who are from Philippines and now PRs in Singapore, they are buying Singapore properties instead of Philippines Properties, what does that tell you?

So many overseas property deals have gone wrong, including some in Philippines sold by Profitable Group. Are you (the public) aware of that?

Why buy properties in a place you know next to nothing about? Do you know the risks involved? Where is a good Location? What is a reasonable price? What is a reasonable Rental yield? Who is going to manage your property for you? What are the charges for managing your property and collecting rental for you? Are the property developer trustworthy? Is the property management company trustworthy? Are there capital gains tax? Any other taxes? What is the potential for Capital Gains in Philippines compared to Singapore?

If I were you (the public out there in General), I would only consider investing after I get very SATISFACTORY answers to all these questions. And make sure that you can verify the Answers with a Reliable Source, don't just listen blindly to whatever information anyone provide.

Sometimes I really wonder, do these Trainers/Speakers really Want to Teach you, or are they just trying to Sell you some properties? How much USEFUL content is Provided in the Seminar?

I have to say the MAIN Reason I'm conducting Seminars is becos I reached the point of "I cannot stand it any more" of some of these seminars available out there that I want to provide you (the Public) a Choice to attend seminar where real Valuable Information is Taught.

I just Teach, I don't try to sell any property to any Seminar Graduate in my seminar. The Objective is to "teach you how to fish" (How to look out for Good Property Deals you can buy yourself), not to Sell you some Fishes I caught.
Cheers!

wemakebread
Investing Mentor

Post by wemakebread »

ha ha, I think this makes an original quotable quote :)

Dennis, you're the rare gem in the market to offer such value-for-money seminars, no hidden agenda & FREE forum support so that we can continue to ask, learn and tap on your experience, as well as those of fellow forumers.

There's just too many fishy business in the fish market right now, where the big fishes are just thinking of eating the small fishes to fatten their own belly.
Dennis Ng wrote:
I just Teach, I don't try to sell any property to any Seminar Graduate in my seminar. The Objective is to "teach you how to fish" (How to look out for Good Property Deals you can buy yourself), not to Sell you some Fishes I caught.
lootster

Post by lootster »

H Dennis,

I understand you do invest with a land baking company in Singapore which has been around for many years.

May I know what makes you invest in them? How are they different from the rest of the land banking company? What are those key questions that you have ask them so you know their investment is safe?

My father have invest some money for land banking with J----- S---- International and I am really skeptical about it so need to seek your advise. Those land are UK land as well.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

lootster wrote:H Dennis,

I understand you do invest with a land baking company in Singapore which has been around for many years.

May I know what makes you invest in them? How are they different from the rest of the land banking company? What are those key questions that you have ask them so you know their investment is safe?

My father have invest some money for land banking with J----- S---- International and I am really skeptical about it so need to seek your advise. Those land are UK land as well.
Hi Lootster,
all these questions and more are covered in my seminar "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

In the seminar, I also warned about UK Land Scams. I suggest you search in google or yahoo "UK Land Scams" and see what information you can find. Do the search soon, sometimes any delay might lead to tears.
Cheers!

lootster

Post by lootster »

Dennis Ng wrote:

Hi Lootster,
all these questions and more are covered in my seminar "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars" Seminar.

In the seminar, I also warned about UK Land Scams. I suggest you search in google or yahoo "UK Land Scams" and see what information you can find. Do the search soon, sometimes any delay might lead to tears.
Hi Dennis,

Yup I understand and have did some research about the greenbelt area in UK. The thing is that the company representative keep assuring me there is no such things as he himself is a UK citizen. The most I can know is from the internet thats all.

Well maybe time will tell.... My dad has already invest in it even before I am aware and has been coming to 3 yrs already.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

star88 wrote:Yes, she mentioned Philippines student apartment, monthly sg$500-600 only and also parking lot sg$10k - $20k. She said thier network can get a good deal with developer eg, paying low downpayment to own a properties, does this true and possible in Singapore?
Why fish in "unknown waters" (invest in properties in Philippines) when you can get a "good catch" (Property investments) in our own pond (Singapore Property Market).

Based on a report on Singapore residential property price trend by RICS last year, dated 28 August 2009: "Overall, property prices in Singapore have risen by an annual average of 6% in real terms since 1975."

Since the mid 1970’s, developments in the property market have reflected Singapore’s transition to a high income economy.

Overall, property prices in Singapore have risen by an annual average of 6% in real terms (ie. after factoring in inflation) since 1975. [/b
]As a result, in cumulative terms, real house prices have soared across the city-state seeing a more than fivefold increase since 1975 even after inflation is taken into account.
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

lootster wrote:
Dennis Ng wrote:

Hi Lootster,

Hi Dennis,

Yup I understand and have did some research about the greenbelt area in UK. The thing is that the company representative keep assuring me there is no such things as he himself is a UK citizen. The most I can know is from the internet thats all.

Well maybe time will tell.... My dad has already invest in it even before I am aware and has been coming to 3 yrs already.
Hi lootster,
Please Verify the information eg. Green Belt Reserve from official websites and information. Relying on information given by Salespeople often turns out to be the Worst Sort of Information.

Guess what answer would clients of Profitable Group get from Profitable Group if they asked them the question last year?

Note: I don't know and don't care which company you're talking about, just ask you to search "UK Land Scams" and see the information you find, including those from official sources in UK.
Cheers!