The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

loikm88
Senior Forum Member

Re: The value of Dennis seminars is infinite

Post by loikm88 »

Thank you for your selfless teaching and sharing. Rest in Peace.

My Deepest Condolences to Dennis Family.
jean7469

Post by jean7469 »

Dear Dennis

I respect you, not only for the knowledget, but also the life principle and spirit. I really benefited a lot from your seminors as well as this forum. Thank you very much.

Rest in peace.
Jean
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Moving Forward to New Forum

Post by candy_chia »

A great idea by ein55 to create a new thread, named, "Moving Forward to New Forum" under

Board index ‹ All about Investing ‹ Moving Forward to New Forum

http://www.masteryourfinance.com/forum/ ... f=5&t=2699

Rationale of the thread : anyone can SHARE YOUR IDEAS HOW TO MOVE FORWARD FROM HERE WITHOUT Dennis in this forum (of course, his knowledge and guiding principles will always be with us). More importantly, action is more important than taking, just do it.

ein55 wrote:Welcome back, Zipink. Thanks to Lootster for the action to bring the star contributor back. As agreed by most of us, this sad event is also a chance for reconciliation to unite everyone. Let's forget the past, moving forward from now.

I have a chance to chat with Yew Kin & Alvin last night, it seems like only Dennis (site admin) has the forum ownership and password. As a co-moderator (eg. Alvin), I am not sure what is the limit, they may be able to manage the articles (eg. delete offensive article if needed), but he may not be able to create new user account, depending on the power assigned. If so, Dennis' company (masteryourfinance?) has to request for the forum ownership, it may take some time to approach the forum company for the transfer of ownership.

During this transition period (until new account is created or old account is reactivated), may I suggest Zipink to borrow a forum pass/login (prefer an inactive account), use this new access to read/write an article.

One concern is there will be more posts (including this one) posted not at the right category (including mine as I need to reply under OPH thread), if moderator (Alvin or others) can help to shift the article, it will be useful. Later, I will add one new thread on "Moving forward to future forum", suggest we can post future plans / views / suggestions of our joint forum under one common thread, easier for readers. If possible, the existing threads (eg. pay if forward project; memorial sharing of Dennis), if it is within the power of moderator, suggest to regroup them, so that the forum structure will remain tidy, instead of having a few similar threads at the same time.

Let's keep the ball rolling .... more reading and writing within your capacity. This is the best way we can contribute back.

As for the external activities (eg. seminars, graduates learning group, etc), we will let Dennis' partners make the arrangement, we need to be more patient and help one another during this period. If needed, investor mentors or some senior forumers with specialized investment knowledge, can volunteer or be invited to chair some review sessions. It has been some time since I conducted the last mentor session in Nov 2011. If needed (also subject to my work schedule), I am willing to help to conduct an "annual review" around the same time before end of this year, we can review the changes in the past 1 year and discuss on outlook for 2013.
Anchor09

Post by Anchor09 »

Goodbye and RIP....Dennis sifu.
Thanks for all your teaching & sharing.
color2real

Post by color2real »

Dennis sifu,

我几乎天天浏览这个forum,读您发的帖子。。。
想到下来的日子,再也没法读到您的帖子,心中就很失落。。。

您虽已逝,但您的精神将永驻在大家心中。。。

RIP。。。Sifu。。
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Can't imagine that we just attended your seminar last weekend and now you are gone.

Thanks for everything and RIP.
dragonhart2
Investing Mentor

Post by dragonhart2 »

hi Rebecca,

not to worry....His disciples will carry on his teachings. His teachings are all over this forum....just flip thru the old threads.

cheers,
jason.
Rebecca wrote:Can't imagine that we just attended your seminar last weekend and now you are gone.

Thanks for everything and RIP.
TieGe
Investing Mentor

Post by TieGe »

Hi Friends,
I was the one that break the news about Dennis. I can understand why many people sms and calling me to confirm if it is real. It is hard to accept or believe.
Now is the time to move on with action. With so many postings saying and wanting to continue, please allow me to take the lead.

Perhaps we could help to list all the mentors here that as follows with their expertise.

Tie Ge (Property and Wealth creation excluding stock)
.... (please add on this list)

Let give say a week for all to add their names here.
The mentors will meet - any others with ideas will be welcomed to join in too with names below:
Please add your name below:

I like to suggest we meet mid Aug 2012, Depending on the number of people I will annouce the place (anyone have a place pls contribute too)
Does anyone know anyone have access to this forum to create a new folder and put this posting there so that everyone can read"

We need to move on and I am afriad this forum will end somehow since no one is maintaining it or renewing it.

Tie Ge
Investing Mentor
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for your ever-ready attitude in sharing to others!!
This is the spirit that Dennis had kept telling us: "The more you share, the more you learn... Give and you shall receive..."

I happened to be in his seminar, the Stock Seminar, on 21st/22nd July 2012 at Suntec City, with other 'trainers', Serene Loong, Adrian Chua, Jimmy.
It was our 'revision' to learn more from him in order for us to replace him conducting the seminar in future.
So that he can do some other strategic planning to reach out to more people.
We recorded the seminar for our learning. However, it happened to be his last seminar.

Just for sharing to everybody part of the first hour of the seminar. When I re-watched the video again the day after his wake.

I compiled the video and you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzK998SXgx0

Coincident or not that we recorded the seminar just before his departure,
I hope everybody now knows that he REALLY is SERIOUS about sharing and teaching to more people.

alvin wrote:Dear fellow graduates, it is heartening to see most us want the forum to continue.
Yew Kin has decided the monthly mentoring sessions will continue.
I will be conducting the next session on 13 Aug 12, Mon.
More details will be released soon.
Keep in touch!
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
weepangang
Senior Forum Member

Post by weepangang »

Hi Hendra,

Thank you for sharing this precious video. Dennis' teaching will certainly continue.
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

While reading this intriguing article written by Alvin, feel like "Singapore version" of The Master Plan to Success.

So what about his journey to his first million? Is there something that I can do so I can reach my first million too?
1) the key is to find a PURPOSE in life.

2) Find your PASSION is the next advice he gave.
Passion is needed to ride you through all obstacles, from the smallest to the largest, in order to obtain your goal.

3) Do something that you like so that you will continue doing it even after you have achieved financial freedom. It must be something that satisfaction gained from it is not solely money. In fact, money comes to you because you love doing what you do

4) Next he told me about his mentors, how it was the KINDNESS OF OTHERS who helped him along his journey to his goals. He believes and enjoys passing it on. He mentioned one of the principles of law of attraction – the UNIVERSE IS OF ABUNDANCE, which means there is enough for everyone. Thus, there is no harm to pass it on to others, as you know you will not be worse off. He feels joyful just by doing it and his condition for helping me is that I must pass on to others.

5) What makes you happy?
What are the things you do that will make you happy?
Probably this is likely to be where your passion is. It is not a fast process he admitted, and it takes soul searching, self directed questions and reflections to find it.

Meeting with a millionaire (and a christmas gift)
http://www.bigfatpurse.com/2008/12/meet ... tmas-gift/
candy_chia
Investing Mentor

Post by candy_chia »

Would like to share some insightful tips that Jim Rohn recommended, so as"to Do the Best You Can".

Why wouldn’t human strive to their maximum possibility?

We are being given the dignity of CHOICE. (to become part of what we could be, enough to get by or become ALL that we can be)

Jim Rohn's best advice is to choose ALL.

He suggested the following:
....Earn all you can.......make All the friends you can...... read as many books as you can..... develop as many skills that you can....... see as much as possible...... do as much as possible ........... make as much fortune as possible ....... give as much away as possible

The gist => The MAX.

Pick up the challenge and go for it. It’s easier to get financial freedom.

The more you do, the more you get.

The 2 primary benefits of positive reinforcement:
1) build good habits
2) Create More ENERGY
To feel your ambition, your desire, your achievement.

Dennis Ng wrote:Jim Rohn, the sifu of Anthony Robbins...

on what is successful is "to Do the Best You Can
"
. Be the most you possibly can, the essence of life is Growth, to do the best you can...human is the only life form that will settle for less and does than its potential...

Dennis Ng's comments: I always remind myself 'Do the best I can" and CANI - Continuous and Never-ending Improvement.

By doing both, we can keep growing and growing...if you observe nature, there is no status quo, a plan is either Growing or Decaying...so if you think you're in status quo, you're actually decaying...whether you like to listen to this or not, this is the Truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk-pzUA ... re=related