Our Goal is to help 1 million people reach S$1 million

This forum is created to discuss broad Financial Principles pertaining to Personal Finance

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Our Goal is to help 1 million people reach S$1 million

Post by Dennis Ng »

Some of you might know that our goal is to help 1 million people to reach S$1 million at least...

Some people when I shared with them our (my seminar graduates and I) goal is this, probably think it is a far-fetched dream.

Who knows what miracles you can achieve, when you believe, somehow you will. You will when you believe. (part of lyrics from song "When We Believe"

I believe we can help one million people to reach S$1 million. Do you (seminar graduates) believe we can?

It's just each of us (my seminar graduates) helping to educate and influence our loved ones and friends.

Do you believe in yourself? Nothing happens until you believe in yourself. Everything starts from Believing in yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3uuLHo ... re=related

I'm very happy that my seminar graduates, eg. Alvin Chow is also actively sharing his knowledge.

So far, we have 1,500 graduates, in 5 years' time my goal is 10,000 Graduates.

Is 10,001 of us helping 1 million people far-fetched? It's possible, it is just each of us helpiing 100 people.

Here's what Alvin shares about "Give more and not less to be Richer": http://www.bigfatpurse.com/2010/12/give ... o-be-rich/

Alvin is not the only one. Here's another of my seminar graduates, Victor Lee, sharing with public through his blog.

http://imvictorlee.com/tag/dennis-ng

Helping 1 million people achieve S$1 million dollars, it might seem far-fetched goal for some, but I think it can be done, it's just 10,000 of us helping 100 people each.

I suddenly think of these words of wisdom:

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Let's not wait for someone to help, for someone to make a difference, let's take it upon ourselves, that we will do our part. If it is to be, it is up to me.

The good news is I'm NOT Extraordinary Man or "Men Extraordinaire", I'm just an average Singaporean. "If Yan can cook, so can you!" If Dennis Ng can become a Millionaire and Reach Financial Freedom, so can you!
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

I have reached Millionaire status through investing, then I decided to teach, so that I can help guide more people to become Millionaire from Investing as well.

I'm so surprised to find out that there are Trainers/Speakers out there who are NOW teaching people how to Trade Forex but they themselves have YET to even make one million dollars from Forex.

A Forex Trainer Sugiyantho Zhang just confirmed through his messages with me on facebook a few things:

1. he himself has NOT yet made even S$1 million from Forex Trading

Note: on the other hand, all of you know that I reached my First million in year 2008 from Investing into Stocks and Property after I learned from Real Multi-millionaires how to Invest.

2. he uses words like "Play stocks", "gamble" in his conversations....guess he does NOT understand that Investing is NOT gambling, maybe he is gambling since he uses such words. He also said many of his students say he is a gambler. Shocked

3. he has NOT reached Millions from Forex Trading yet he believes so much in Forex Trading that he started teaching Forex Trading... Shocked

So next time you or your friends read Advertisements in newspapers promoting Forex Trading to become Rich, please remember all these FACTS I have unearthed.

http://www.facebook.com/DennisNgKW/post ... 7518252011

below are a few messages between him and me:

Dennis Ng said: I became a Millionaire through investing into Stocks and Property, after I learned how to invest from Real Multi-millionaires in Singapore
March 31 at 10:11am

Sugiyantho Zhang said: Ok bro. I learn from u ya. In 1995-1996 I played stock during my uni to pay my expenses in jkt. I believe what u say.

Dennis Ng said: I don't play stocks. I invest. There is a big difference between the 2. Many play stocks and got Burnt badly. I learn from multi-millionaires how they invest into stocks to become Richer and Richer over time...our rule is only invest when Upside Potential at least more than double the Downside Risks. We just inevitably get Richer by practising this Rule in investing.

Raymond Ng said: My wife had a bad experience in Forex trading... paid 3.6K for 3 days course in 2009, lost some money althought the "plan" strictly. Worst still she was glued to the computer for hour and disrupth the family activities. Finally gave up for good. A lesson learnt is that it is too good to be true...

Sugiyantho Zhang said: Yeah, May be I am different loh, Most of my students say i am a gamble or robot.. I have been trading since end of 2006. Till today 1 day no FX Chart I feel something missing. Thank you for sharing.. C U all

Dennis Ng said: Hi Sugiyantho, so you're gambling. Wish you good luck. Luck is NOT a strategy. You have NOT become Millionaire from Forex Trading yet you believe in it, and start to Teach others. I would NOT want to learn from you, becos if you have NOT climbed Mount Everest, What made you think you can guide others to the Top of Mount Everest. Reading your words, "play stocks" "gamble" I really worry for you. Wish you good Luck.

Sugiyantho Zhang said: Dennis, Ok loh, I accepted your statement. My life so far very comfortable.. Thank you
Last edited by Dennis Ng on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

lootster wrote:That is why I am puzzled to see Yen suddenly shoot up after Japan earthquake.... Understand the jap government will do something to their currency but never expect it to surge so suddenly.

Thought normally the currency will drop if the country is in a crisis? Does this kind of scenario happens when a country is in a crisis? Hope to learn more from your past experience..... thanks!
I already share the possible reasons in my reply posting to you.

I think the situation illustrates the "unpredictability" of short term currency movements.....which makes me wonder and Worry since there are so many Courses/Seminars out there that teach Short Term Forex Trading....sigh...

I personally have NOT known any Rich person who become Rich through Forex Trading, but I know many who became Rich through investing into stocks and property....including myself.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi all seminar graduates,

some of you probably have heard me said this before:"In 10 years' time, Singapore will become Heaven for the Rich and Hell for the Poor."

Time is running out, we only have 10 years to help as many middle class Singaporeans to accumulate at least S$1 million (to become Rich), so that all of us (seminar graduates) can then do our part to help
, both in Volunteering our time and donating our money to help the really Poor, to help empower them by equipping them with essential Financial Knowledge and how to do small business; and Micro-Financing (S$5,000 to S$10,000 loan) to help them start out...

I quote below some numbers quoted by a forumer in another forum:

Quote: (below posting not written by me, but I read from another forum)

Some 400,000 low-income Singaporeans (i think must be above age 35 to qualify and earn less than 1500) will get the Workfare Special Bonus this year according to paper.
If half of them are male breadwinner and half of them are married, there will be 100,000 housewives. Let forget their kids that are eligible to vote. So there will be 500,000 low income or no income. This will translate to 500,000 low income voters.

The number of eligible voters this year are 2.3 millions. So percentage of low income singaporeans will be 0.5/2.3 = 21%. This is not a small number !!! I suspect Lim Boon Kang saw the problem. Let's not forget those that earn between 1500 to 2500.

This problem is not easily to manage. I bet the number of low income singaporeans will increase over time because of aging population (exclude new citizens).

End of Quote
Cheers!

KIASU
Senior Forum Member

Post by KIASU »

Hi Dennis,
Based on my conversation with my colleagues and friends,
most of them is not open to discussion about wealth, especially from some one who had not made his/her 1st pot of gold.
Thus, I'am committed to made my 1st million within this 2 years
and then will show them the ways.
Hopefully will had more listening ears from them.

Always Lead by Example.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

KIASU wrote:Hi Dennis,
most of them is not open to discussion about wealth, especially from some one who had not made his/her 1st pot of gold.

Always Lead by Example.
Hi KIASU,
I find that people who are not open to discussion about Wealth, typically have very little or too much of it.

Most likely your colleagues and friends belong to the former.

Most people seem not interested in money, yet they force themselves to continue to work in a job they don't like becos they need the money. So who are they bluffing except themselves?

On the other hand, I pursue my Passion, I don't Work for Money NOR pursue money, I just pursue my Passion but learn how to Make, Manage and Grow my money wisely...

For those that master their finances, Money becomes a good Servant to them.

For those that don't know how to master their finances, Money is their master and they are slaves to Money, without them realising it.

And at the age 39, 3 years ago in year 2008, I achieved Financial Freedom and can retire and do NOTHING if that's what I want.

On the other hand, statistics show us that most people do NOT even have enough money to retire at age 62.
Cheers!

woonty

Post by woonty »

Always Lead by Example.
Hi Kiasu

No use because you need to understand their core financial story in order to make meaningful changes.

Some of us are savers or caretakers while others are pleasure seekers and spend like Hollywood stars; some people are idealists who place greater value on creativity or compassion than on financial security; some of us innocently believe our finances will work out without effort; and others obsess about building empires with lasting value.

Excerpt

Regardless of your net worth, maybe you have a healthy nest egg built up, yet you still worry about not having enough for the future.

Most of us have experience done or more of the following:

• Feelings of anxiety and fear

• Endless wants, or the feeling that we’ll never have enough money to be happy eg. those with $1'm will aim for $2'm then $5'm & it'll keep on adjusting

• Frustration with a spouse or family member regarding spending Habits

Read It's Not About the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance quite a good book (one of the best I've read) :D
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Our Goal is to help 1 million people reach S$1 million

Post by Dennis Ng »

Dennis Ng wrote: 2 Mar 2011
Some of you might know that our goal is to help 1 million people to reach S$1 million at least...

Some people when I shared with them our (my seminar graduates and I) goal is this, probably think it is a far-fetched dream.

Who knows what miracles you can achieve, when you believe, somehow you will. You will when you believe. (part of lyrics from song "When We Believe"

I believe we can help one million people to reach S$1 million. Do you (seminar graduates) believe we can?

It's just each of us (my seminar graduates) helping to educate and influence our loved ones and friends.

So far, we have 1,500 graduates, in 5 years' time my goal is 10,000 Graduates.

Helping 1 million people achieve S$1 million dollars, it might seem far-fetched goal for some, but I think it can be done, it's just 10,000 of us helping 100 people each.

I suddenly think of these words of wisdom:

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Let's not wait for someone to help, for someone to make a difference, let's take it upon ourselves, that we will do our part. If it is to be, it is up to me.

The good news is I'm NOT Extraordinary Man or "Men Extraordinaire", I'm just an average Singaporean. "If Yan can cook, so can you!" If Dennis Ng can become a Millionaire and Reach Financial Freedom, so can you!
There comes certain moments in your life that totally changed you, that suddenly you finally know that you don't really live for yourself, nor your family, but you're just part of the world, the Universe...

This is how I feel. And Jet Li shared the moment that changed him totally, leading him to set up "the One Foundation" in year 2004, in this CNN Interview below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm16MJ ... re=related

More info on One Foundation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Foundation

For me, the moment was when I reached my first million dollars in end 2008. I re-read what I wrote in a book which I write down all my dreams and aspirations...

and therein I saw that I wrote that:"I want to learn how to master my own finances, so that I can reach a Million Dollars and be financially free...and when I reached Financial Freedom, I will then teach the public how to master their finances and to reach their Financial Freedom...

At that point it suddenly dawned on me why did I have the "luck" to get to meet the "Multi-millionaire Sifus", to know them and to have the privilege to learn from them...perhaps they were sent by the "Universe" to teach me becos I promise the Universe that I am willing to teach after I learned myself...

At that moment, I suddenly feel that since I'm already financially free, that I no longer have to worry about my own finances and my family's finances, that it is time for me to do what I promised, to start to teach...tears then just flowed from my eyes, it was tears of joy, tears of gratitude, tears of a great sense of responsibility...

For the next few months, I was even busier than before I reached Financial Freedom, I used the next few months to come out the first Bilingual Book on Personal Finance entitled "Mastering Your Personal Finance"...

I re-started www.MasterYourFinance.com in April 2001, a website I set up in year 2001 with Andrew Ng (who did the IT aspect of the site) but then mothballed this website as the site was visited by few people and defeated our intention to use the site as a free resource to educate the public on Personal Finance...

I set the date for my seminar, simply entitled "How to Save and Accumulate One Million Dollars", basically to share/teach how I reached my first million dollars through changing my mindset to Wealth and Money; planning my Finances properly and growing my savings through Investing...

The first seminar was on 23 Mar 2009, we had overwhelming response, total of over 200 people registered for the seminar where the only way we "marketed" it was via a simple Email Invite to people who subscribe to www.HousingLoanSG.com newsletter, which include all my existing clients...

We had to run 2 sessions on 23 Mar and 30 Mar 2009 to cater to the over 200 people who registered...

And on the 30 Mar 2009, I asked my friend Ming Song to help me to film an impromptu Video Testimonials of the seminar graduates...here's the un-cut, unedited version of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYNx6gHl2Dc

And the rest was history...

This is the edited version of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1sULeqiW4

On 30 Mar 2009, my friend a well established Publisher, Kok Hwa of Candid Creation Publishing, helped delivered to me the first 100 copies of the book "Mastering Your Personal Finance", fresh from the printing press to the seminar venue at SMU...

He helped to rush the book out just in time for the book to be officially launched at the World Book Fair on 31 Mar 2009 at the Suntec Convention Hall...

So unlike many seminar trainers/speakers out there who started conducting seminars as a Business, mine was started with the Main Objective to fulfill my promise to help teach the Public how to Master Your Finance and reach Your Financial Freedom.

Our target is to have 10,000 seminar graduates and to set up a S$100 Million Charitable Foundation to help bridge the Rich-Poor Divide, firstly in Singapore.

Next, we will do it for Asia and then finally, for the entire World.

This will probably be one of the few Charitable Foundations NOT set up by the very Rich people but by 10,000 Middle Class Income people who reached Financial Freedom, donating S$10,000 each.

This S$100 million Charitable Foundation serves to bridge the Rich-Poor Divide and to help to Lift/Elevate the Poor from Poverty
by mainly doing 2 things:
1. Empower and educate the Poor to learn to manage and plan their finances and how to start small businesses eg. selling things online or be self-employed.

2. Provide Micro-Financing of S$5,000 to S$10,000 to help them get started. Interest will be charged on the loans, but at preferential rates, available to them, where banks and financial institutions would NOT approve their loan becos of their low/lack of income.

3. Interest charged on the loans will be a source of Revenue for the Charitable Foundation, thereby this Charitable Foundation can be self-sustaining and does NOT need to raise funds again, unlike other Charities.

4. the 10,000 Founding Members of the Charitable Foundation will help make the Charitable Foundation accountable and transparent, and also be a source of Volunteers for the Charitable Foundation's works, therefore this Charitable Foundation will NOT face the problem of unable to find enough volunteers for its operations.

5. Once we fine-tune the system of this Charitable Foundation, we will provide this Workable System as a Template for other countries to do the same, (set up Charitable Foundations using the same fund raising and volunteers management template) throughout the whole world.
Cheers!

lynnboh
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by lynnboh »

Hi Dennis

Like your idea of a foundation for the needy and the poor. This thought of helping the poor has been in my head for these few months so I can identify with your passion.
Have not reached my 1 million yet but I will. Would like to be counted as 1 of the 10,000 Founding Members of the Charitable Foundation.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

lynnboh wrote:Hi Dennis

Like your idea of a foundation for the needy and the poor. This thought of helping the poor has been in my head for these few months so I can identify with your passion.
Have not reached my 1 million yet but I will. Would like to be counted as 1 of the 10,000 Founding Members of the Charitable Foundation.
Hi lynnboh,
thanks.

Just Conceive the idea of having S$1 million dollars, Believe you can do it, and start taking actions.

Thanks for your support, and becos of your support, I've now moved 1 step closer to making this Charitable Foundation a Reality.
Cheers!

AdrianChua
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by AdrianChua »

Dennis Ng wrote:

Always Lead by Example.
Hi KIASU,
I find that people who are not open to discussion about Wealth, typically have very little or too much of it.

Most likely your colleagues and friends belong to the former.

Most people seem not interested in money, yet they force themselves to continue to work in a job they don't like becos they need the money. So who are they bluffing except themselves?
The reason behind their rejection is FEAR. Most people fear of the unknown. So since they are not interested in the topic, they are more likely not bothered with doing more research on it, therefore less knowledgeable. When a person has lack of knowledge about a certain "thing", be it a product, animal, insect, etc., they become fearful. When they become fearful, they will just shut their door when they see this "thing".
Adrian Chua

Twitter: @adrianchua9
Facebook: adrian.xplore

Join our facebook group to learn tricks and tips on iPhone/iPad/Mac, "iPhone/iPad/Mac users in SG"
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

AdrianChua wrote:
The reason behind their rejection is FEAR. Most people fear of the unknown. So since they are not interested in the topic, they are more likely not bothered with doing more research on it, therefore less knowledgeable. When a person has lack of knowledge about a certain "thing", be it a product, animal, insect, etc., they become fearful. When they become fearful, they will just shut their door when they see this "thing".
Hi AdrianChua,
my suggestion to those people:

1. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
2. Use the Upside/Downside Analysis so that decision becomes clear-cut.
3, To grow, we must stretch ourselves, stretch beyond Comfort Zone, overcome our Fear.
4. Lastly, as Henry Ford says:"Whether they think they Can, or they Can't, they're Right.
5. As U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt said during the Great Depression where there was much fear in the economy and markets:"we have nothing to fear but fear itself."

According to yahoo search:

The Franklin D. Roosevelt Library and Museum linked to Bartleby.com, which offered us the complete texts of the inaugural addresses of all the U.S. presidents. We found FDR's first inaugural address, which contains the full quote in the fifth sentence:

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.

Looking at the date of the speech, 1933, and reading a bit further into Roosevelt's address, we realized that he was referring to the economic conditions of the time -- in other words, The Great Depression. He was essentially saying, "if we can't shake our pessimistic economic outlook, it will be tough to turn things around." President Roosevelt was calling for a little irrational exuberance...
Cheers!

Yathrib
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by Yathrib »

The reason behind their rejection is FEAR. Most people fear of the unknown. So since they are not interested in the topic, they are more likely not bothered with doing more research on it, therefore less knowledgeable. When a person has lack of knowledge about a certain "thing", be it a product, animal, insect, etc., they become fearful. When they become fearful, they will just shut their door when they see this "thing".[/quote]

Probably another reason for "fear"is scared to lose. My ex-boss once told me that he rather kept everything in cash rather than investing them bec there is a fear that he might be wrong in his investment. Extremely surprised coming from a man who is managing me. Advised him that he will be losing for sure due to inflation erosion, but strangely, he said he rather have this than losing more in investment.

So, again, I am glad that people like Dennis come out in the open teaching and sharing about right investment techniques.

I really really like this motto Dennis instil in us:

"What if I am wrong? will I be financially ok?" &

"Upside double the downside" in making investment decisions.

I am a newbie to this - just attended last Sat's "Millionaire" class, but I am beginning to see the practicality of these thought process.
yhendra
Investing Mentor

Post by yhendra »

Yathrib wrote: Probably another reason for "fear"is scared to lose. My ex-boss once told me that he rather kept everything in cash rather than investing them bec there is a fear that he might be wrong in his investment. Extremely surprised coming from a man who is managing me. Advised him that he will be losing for sure due to inflation erosion, but strangely, he said he rather have this than losing more in investment.

So, again, I am glad that people like Dennis come out in the open teaching and sharing about right investment techniques.

I am a newbie to this - just attended last Sat's "Millionaire" class, but I am beginning to see the practicality of these thought process.
Hi Yathrib,

Cannot be more agree with you!
Cheers!
Hendra
Like to share and give opinions.
However, please do your own homework!
You have been given the tools and the knowledge, try to fish yourself, so you will never be hungry again....
---
RTW (Ride The Wave) http://www.facebook.com/RTWLearningLab
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Hi Yathrib,

don't under-estimate the Power and Value of these 2 things I shared. This how the Rich analyse and make decisions.

And I've been using these 2 Rules for ALL decisions (NOT just Investment Decisions) since I learned them from the Rich and I myself also reached Multi-Millionaire Status after applying these 2 seemingly over simplistic Rules.

One day you might be Richer than your superior, that's the good news, even if he remains your Superior in the company. And the only person that lose out is your superior, if he continues to "analyse, analyse until paralysed by fear".

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Yathrib wrote: Probably another reason for "fear"is scared to lose. My ex-boss once told me that he rather kept everything in cash rather than investing them bec there is a fear that he might be wrong in his investment. Extremely surprised coming from a man who is managing me. Advised him that he will be losing for sure due to inflation erosion, but strangely, he said he rather have this than losing more in investment.

Cheers!