Dennis Ng on Channel 8 "Show Me The Money" 12 May

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Dennis Ng on Channel 8 "Show Me The Money" 12 May

Post by Dennis Ng »

I'll be on this New TV program《钱哪里有问题?》Show Me The Money , first episode telecast on 12 May 2011, on Channel 8, time is 8.30 pm to 9 pm, a 30 minute show.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/zh/tv/ ... 518&page=2

This will be the first time I try "acting", not just giving comments on TV.

I will appear in the first 3 episodes of this 13 episode show, on 12 May, 19 May and 26 May 2011, and had the rare opportunity chance to "act" alongside with hosts Quan Yi Fong, Belinda Lee, Patricia Mok and Kym Ng, who are all TV artistes I personally like.

In the show I "act" as Financial Expert and act as a friend of Belinda Lee (a lady married to rich husband), and she introduces me to her other friends, namely Quan Yi Fong, (acting as a hairdresser and divorcee), Patricia Mok (office executive who goes after branded stuff and has little/no savings) and Kym Ng (a married housewife living in HDB)

...so these ladies from different backgrounds will be facing problems, questions and issues on different aspects of Personal Finance, and they have their own misconceptions and in each episode, a Financial Expert will help to de-bunk some of the myths and share with viewers (through the show) some useful tips on Personal Finance.

They want to have the funny and humorous style of "City Beat" but at the same time try to be educational, it is an All NEW attempt and I'm not sure how receptive are audience to such a format.

These Famous stars in Mediacorp are all very nice people and do not put on airs, I got along well with them in the filming. Filming is really very tiring as they will shoot the same scene from different angles, and we have to repeat the same scene for typically 3 different camera angles...This is provided there is NO "NG" (No Good) Takes...so if there are NG, then it will take an even longer time to film.

Belinda Lee seems to be most hardworking and serious among them, guess she started from English MTV and have to put in alot more hardwork to make it in Channel 8.

So the TV Artistes' job is actually quite tiring, they also have to be very flexible as basically we don't really have a script, (script was written but only used as reference) but just discuss a few major points and come up words on the spot (as they want the acting to be spontaneous and natural, not memorised script)...

So if anyone has dream to become TV star, it is NOT an easy job.

The first time these stars met me, they seem quite skeptical as I think they have met a fair share of Financial Experts, and not too impressed by those they met before.

As the filming goes on, they say that for the first time, I have made financial concepts easy to understand and arouse their interest in Personal Finance. They also found that I seem to know almost any topic, from stock investing, property investing, gold and silver investing, to almost any topic on Personal Finance..and while waiting for filming, they will be asking me questions.

Patricia Mok said after filming with me, now whenever she goes shopping and want to buy something, she will ask herself does she really need the thing and may rather save the money for investing instead.

To me, I was so happy to hear that as nothing makes me more happy than for me to know that I help to change people's mindset and arouse their interest to better plan their finances.

So what originally is me appearing in 1 episode, came the invitation to appear in another episode and so far I will appear in 3 out of 4 episodes they have shot in this 13 episode program. They cannot have me in all 13 episodes as they are supposed to get different people for different topics...

Filming of "Show Me the Money" at entrance of Spring Court Restaurant...in this scene you see Kym Ng wrapped in a scarf and Belinda Lee.....

This show wants to combine Entertainment and Useful Tips on Personal Finance in a light hearted manner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSksC_13BSM

This is filming of another episode with Patricia Mok and Belinda Lee in a cafe of a hotel on Scotts Road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcPxhfkR4Mg

Life has never been the same again after I discovered my Passion and Mission in life in year 1998, which is to help to educate others on Financial Matters so that they can reach Financial Freedom...

From 1999 onwards, I only do things that are in line with my Personal Life Mission and help me move towards this Mission, which explains my sharing on Facebook, writing 2 books, conducting talks for over 30,000 people in last 11 years.

12 years ago I never thought that becos of my mission, I would have the Opportunity to meet and know some of the people I know, including the multi-millionaires "sifus" I met, and now these TV stars.

So the decision to pursue my Passion since year 1998 has brought me Happiness, Fulfillment which cannot be quantified nor can be measured by money. It also brought me wealth, financial freedom and even fame etc...

If anyone asked me for a Single Advice, I would say it is to find out:

1. What are you good at?
2. What do you enjoy or even better, passionate about doing.

And then Just Do It. Pursue your Passion.

The path ahead is not a bed of roses, there'll be obstacles, setbacks and disappointments, but my personal experience is that the "Passion" deep within pushes me forward and Failure become NOT an Option.

If you persist, it is just a matter of time you succeed. There are no failures, only people who Give Up.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
chanfke
Senior Forum Member

Post subject: Dennis Ng on Channel 8 "Show Me The Money

Post by chanfke »

Hi Sifu,

Finally, we have a chance to see you act...act on TV (not just giving financial seminars/advices). In fact, it was something that I had wanted to highlight to you on this hidden talent of yours when I first attended your seminar last year.

Let's sit back and enjoy your maiden act ton TV tonight.

Eric Chan
lop
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by lop »

Hi Dennis,

Just finished watching the program. Good acting. Well done!
lootster
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by lootster »

Dennis Sifu, you look very natural on TV! Can't tell you are a amateur!

But notice your specs is a bit slanted, not sure if it's due to the angle of the camera?
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

lootster wrote:Dennis Sifu, you look very natural on TV! Can't tell you are a amateur!

But notice your specs is a bit slanted, not sure if it's due to the angle of the camera?
thanks.

The producer commented that I don't look like someone who has never acted before, as they just tell me what they want me to do and react and I just delivered what they wanted (few or no NGs sometimes)...

I didn't have a chance to watch the show myself as I'm conducting "Path to Financial Freedom" workshop tonight.

I'll also appear on 19 and 26 May episodes...and on 26 May, is where the Kym Ng and Belinda Lee's segment filming at Spring Court Restaurant...Kym is naturally very funny in front of camera, but in real life actually she is quite serious (that's my impression of her).
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Post subject: Dennis Ng on Channel 8 "Show Me The M

Post by Dennis Ng »

chanfke wrote:Hi Sifu,

Finally, we have a chance to see you act...act on TV (not just giving financial seminars/advices). In fact, it was something that I had wanted to highlight to you on this hidden talent of yours when I first attended your seminar last year.

Eric Chan
Hi Eric Chan,
they say my "humour" is a little bit like "Xu Guan Wen"...look serious but funny...

I am a little worried that they want me to act that I interested in Patricia Mok may be bad for image of a Financial Expert...but the producer keep telling us (me and my wife) that this is just to make it a little fun as they want this to be in the style of "City Beat" but a show on Personal Finance.

Friends of my mother-in-law asked her how much I'm paid to act, and was very astonished to hear that I do NOT want to receive any money for doing my part...then the friend ask:"so he did it for Free publicity?"

I admit this gives me publicity but deep in my heart, what really Motivates me to do all these (Media interviews and involvement in newspapers, Radio and TV) is the chance to educate the Public...of course, it is hard for many people to imagine someone doing something NOT for money...

I don't need people to believe my intentions becos I think that Truth is truth and I don't have to do anything to prove to anyone my intentions, though Time is a very good Test, (I've been involved with various media since year 2003)...
Cheers!

hahabear
Silver Forum Contributor

Re: Post subject: Dennis Ng on Channel 8 "Show Me The M

Post by hahabear »

Ya, saw your acting on TV last night. It is not very natural, but it's commendable for a first timer. This shows that Dennis actually shares his knowledge truthfully with us all these years and he is not "acting" to want to help us improve our financial literacy.

If viewers has chance to compare Dennis interviews on "MONEY MIND", "财经追击“ with "Show me the money" last night, then you could observe the difference of Dennis on tv. Personally, I prefer seeing you on Business programmes. :D
Dennis Ng wrote:
chanfke wrote:Hi Sifu,

Eric Chan
Hi Eric Chan,
they say my "humour" is a little bit like "Xu Guan Wen"...look serious but funny...

I am a little worried that they want me to act that I interested in Patricia Mok may be bad for image of a Financial Expert...but the producer keep telling us (me and my wife) that this is just to make it a little fun as they want this to be in the style of "City Beat" but a show on Personal Finance.

Friends of my mother-in-law asked her how much I'm paid to act, and was very astonished to hear that I do NOT want to receive any money for doing my part...then the friend ask:"so he did it for Free publicity?"

I admit this gives me publicity but deep in my heart, what really Motivates me to do all these (Media interviews and involvement in newspapers, Radio and TV) is the chance to educate the Public...of course, it is hard for many people to imagine someone doing something NOT for money...

I don't need people to believe my intentions becos I think that Truth is truth and I don't have to do anything to prove to anyone my intentions, though Time is a very good Test, (I've been involved with various media since year 2003)...
joejoh
Senior Forum Member

Post by joejoh »

Hope to see more Dennis acting and sharing useful financial info. A replay could be watched online in the following link:

http://video.xin.msn.com/browse/tv/show ... +the+money
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

on 19 May 2011, I also appear in the 2nd episode of 《钱哪里有问题?》 Show Me the Money.

http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/ep ... /1gqm6vc14

《钱哪里有问题?》Show Me The Money , first episode telecast on 12 May 2011, on Channel 8, time is 8.30 pm to 9 pm, a 30 minute show.

Next week, 26 May 2011, I will also appear in the 3rd episode as well.
Cheers!

joejoh
Senior Forum Member

Post by joejoh »

In episode 2, one thing true is that a lot of people, even given the luck to strike a fortune, might not be able to keep/grow their wealth due to poor financial planning.

What would I do if I'm the one who strike a fortune? I got some feedback from friends that first of all they would resign from their job, and try to do some business. But I believe doing business is not as easy as an employee think.

Of course, others say they will invest into a property to earn passive income. Buying a new home to upgrade lifestyle could not sustain without sufficient cash flow from other sources of income.

I will build a weather-proof portfolio for myself, at the mean time, while ensuring myself to be financially free, and pursuing the passion I have.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

if you miss the first 2 episodes, tonight (26 May 2011) is the 3rd episode, and you still have chance to catch me in this New TV program《钱哪里有问题?》 Show Me The Money on Channel 8, time is 8.30 pm to 9 pm, a 30 minute show.

If you miss the 3rd episode (just like me), you can "catch up" here:

http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/ep ... /1gq3q0wul
Cheers!

andy chan
Senior Forum Member

Post by andy chan »

Its unfortunate that I was overseas during those three episodes.

Tried looking for them on xinmsn but they only have from episode 4 onwards. :shock:

Missed out on Dennis's "acting" debut. :cry:
Seeing is not Believing.
We have to Believe FIRST, then we can see.
kklok
Investing Mentor

Post by kklok »

Hi Andy,

I have episode 1 & 3 in flv format but the file is about 200MB. If you have a FTP site then I can upload to that location.

Cheers
KK
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

kklok wrote:Hi Andy,

I have episode 1 & 3 in flv format but the file is about 200MB. If you have a FTP site then I can upload to that location.

Cheers
KK
Hi kklok,
anyway to upload to youtube?
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

andy chan wrote:Its unfortunate that I was overseas during those three episodes.

Tried looking for them on xinmsn but they only have from episode 4 onwards. :shock:

Missed out on Dennis's "acting" debut. :cry:
Hi Andy,
tomorrow's episode (30 Jun 2011) I'll also appear...so the "nightmare" continues. haha.
Cheers!