$8 Silver Pass For Shares Investment Conference 2011

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

zipink
Investing Mentor

$8 Silver Pass For Shares Investment Conference 2011

Post by zipink »

The silver pass ticket originally cost $38. Now $8 with discount code.

http://www.sharesconf.asia/en/register

Date: 17 Sep 2011
Venue: Level 4 Raffles City Convention Centre
Time: 9am to 5pm

Please use this Discount Code: SIC2011-SINV

Note: Click on the "silver pass" which states $38, apply the discount code. When you check out and pay it will be $8.

I have paid and will be attending. At a price of $8, it's cheaper than a McDonald Breakfast Deluxe Supreme Meal. Nothing to lose. :wink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Overview
Prof Chan Speaking in SIC 2010

Nothing remains constant in the stock market and those who constantly keep themselves updated with the latest developments of the market are more likely to succeed. Asia Investment Forum will hold the Shares Investment Conference 2011 at Raffles City Convention Centre on 17 September 2011 and together with distinguished investment gurus, analysts and researchers, we would like to invite you to this exclusive Chinese investment conference that will provide you with real insights into the market and uncover the secrets to your wealth.

The conference includes a plenary session and several concurrent, breakout seminars. Our speakers will share with you the latest information, analyse the current market condition and predict upcoming trends. Participants are free to register for the breakout seminars in your particular sector to get more in-depth information into the issues, the challenges and the opportunities awaiting in 2011 and beyond. With the tremendous support from guest investment luminaries, Shares Investment Conference 2011 will brief you on latest developments of the market and equip you with useful investment techniques, enabling you to seize every opportunity and avoid risks during both lull and bullish market conditions.
Wall Street

Our line of guest speakers include Professor Chan Yan Chong, the consultant of the central policy unit of Hong Kong SAR, Hu Li Yang, the first vice president of Chinese descent at Merrill Lynch, Louis Wong, a well-known market analysis, Li Xin Jing, an acclaimed technical market strategist, and Chen Dan Hong, a prominent anchor of many investment TV programmes. Judging from the success achieved by the inaugural Shares Investment Conference 2010, this year’s conference is definitely an event that you can’t afford to miss.

------------------------------------------------

One of our speakers, Collin Seow shares:

The STI has dropped from 3225 to 2681 within less than a month. That is more than a 16% drop! So, is the correction over or are we heading for more pain?

I recently noted clearly in my blog that the market may turn down again after it hit 2890 and true enough the STI turned down currently at 2774. So, how did I catch the reversal point at 2890?

First thing first, I took a look at the daily charts the 20 and 40 MA to see the current mode. The 20 and 40 MA tell me whether the trend (tide) is going up or coming down. Both the moving average sloping down will tell me to sell on strength and the trend was down. Next we look at the oscillator, Commodity Channel Index, CCI (5). It was also in the overbought level of more than 100. This tells me that the short term wave is overbought even though the trend is down.

On top of that at 2890, there is a minor resistance. When I did the Fibonacci retracement level for the drop that started in 1st Aug till 22nd Aug 2011, 2890 was at the 38.2% retracement level. If price starts to turn down, there is a 66% chance that it may test the low of 2681 again.

There are some other interesting facts about the STI. The STI broke below 3000. It also broke below the 200 MA decisively on the 5th Aug 2011. After that, it continued to drop another 320 points. If we were to be aware of this fact, we may go on the defensive and avoid the drop.

I will cover all these and much more in the Shares Investment Conference. I will not only touch on how it was being done but also how I did it.

It is important as a trader or investor to know about the 4 things before buying any stock.

What to buy? When to buy? When to sell? How much to buy or sell?

In the Shares Investment Conference, I will also share with you the above and how to select the right stock to buy and sell using moving averages? By using the 20, 40, 200 MA, we can filter the stocks to go long or short. It will help you to avoid buying downtrend stock and shorting uptrend stocks. In general, we will like to trade with the trend. There is a saying “the trend is your friend”. Using a simple way to look at market, we can know the mode of trading and trade on the “right” mode. However, knowing what to buy and sell is not enough, we need to know when to buy and sell. In the short seminar, I will also cover the 5 most commonly use candlesticks pattern that we use to catch the turning points. These are powerful tools that I use on a daily basis for swing trading.

Last but not least, I will cover on money management. I will share with you one of the most important rule in money management. So come join me in the Shares Investment Conference 2011. See you there!
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
YS_Tan

Post by YS_Tan »

thanks zipink for sharing! i will be attending as well.
ry9918
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by ry9918 »

Thanks. Will be attending with wife.

Regards
ry9918
valen248
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by valen248 »

Thanks zipink, I am in, tks!
fahrenheit
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by fahrenheit »

Couldn't attend. But do us a favour and post the summary of the speakers message. I bet there are many who will be keen to know but could not attend. cheers! :D
stanlee
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by stanlee »

thanks Zipink. attending with wife too :D
serenecsc
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by serenecsc »

me too, just registered.
wwlwong

Post by wwlwong »

Thanks, Zipink for your sharing.
cllau34
Senior Forum Member

Post by cllau34 »

I am attending too... Thanks zipink for the lobang
zipink
Investing Mentor

Post by zipink »

Today (17 Sep) is the shares investment conference. For those who have signed up for it... have fun, absorb the information and knowledge like a sponge. :wink:
http://www.alexyeo.com - Ramblings of an Internet marketer and His Life
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

zipink wrote:Today (17 Sep) is the shares investment conference. For those who have signed up for it... have fun, absorb the information and knowledge like a sponge. :wink:
yes, I'm attending too.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

It is nice meeting some of you in this share conference. The program is strong, value for money.

Let me share key summary of 2 main speakers, Prof Chan and Hu Liyang, with focus on the recent crisis:

Prof Chan:
========
1) Double dip in economy is unlikely. It is possible to have double bottom in stock.

2) Economy and stock do not always have the same trend (same view as Hu Liyang). Eg. China has strong economy but poor stock performance in last 2 years. China market may have significant change in Mar 2012 because they will change.

3) Europe issue is political, not economical. This view is similar to my past view. He further explained that EU is an union, not a single big country, so they can't print money to excite the economy. He thinks Greece will eventually default but this may not be a bad think, can start all over again when the worst case is over (if so, this is the best day to purchase more stock). US purposely let EU issue to get worse for the best interest of US.

4) His recommended strategy during this volatile market is exactly the same my last post:
- don't sell (if still have stocks) or buy any stock (if still have cash) now. Having both stocks and cash at the same time. If market really goes down to a very low point, only then use cash to buy stocks. At the same time, the existing stock can be hold (just keep it and forget it for some time) till possible recovery.
- Even there is further downside, the period will be short from historical data, therefore he thinks there is no need to sell and buy back later because he thinks ordinary people will not dare to buy if the market continues to go down if they sell their stocks during bear market.

5) Major change is expected next week after announcement by Bernanke next week. He thinks Bernanke has very little choice but to save the market now.

Hu Liyang
======

1) Hu Liyang also feels it is not possible to go to hell (downturn) without going to heaven (euphoria) first. He thinks the world has too much cash and interest rate is low, people will take out money again to invest sooner or later and stock will be supported again.

2) STI 2700 is an opportunity to buy, because it is 15% correction from the last peak of 3200/3300. Now is "summer vacation" for global market due to 2x limit was reached (eg. STI from 1600 to 3200, DJI from 6450 to 12900, same for HSI....), market need to rest for 6-12 months. STI is likely to vary between 2700-3000, repeating the last history, if break 3000, will go to 3200 again. If there is further correction below 2700, then 2600 will be a very strong support. Only very rare case that it will be corrected to super-support of 2450 which is mid point of lowest/highest point of STI (1600/3300).

3) Now is still not the best time to buy STI, it could have further downside. Whenever STI is below 2700, lower the better (buy more if drop more)

4) Stock market historically has worst month in Aug, best in Nov-Dec. The next rally will be in this Nov-Dec, specifically after Nov 15, may be extended into Jan.

5) Next year is US presidential election year, he projects the US economy will be very bright in 2012. Prof Chan has similar view, saying US is acting to correct down the economy now, so that in 2012, American will see significant "improvement" in all data, eg. stock, job data, etc. So, they may purposely let the economy data to look bad in 2011, so that they can score in 2012. I have similar view in the past that US will introduce the enhancement scheme (either QE3 or others) at later time, so that its effect can last longer till end of 2012 to show the positive results to American.

6) He thinks gold at $1900+ is very risky (was corrected back to $1700+ as there is false alarm on QE3). If US economy is very good next year, US dollar is strong, gold will suffer. He reminds of gold cycle is 30 years, last cycle from $250 to $850 and then back to $250, taking 19 years to recover.

Summary:
========
Despite positive outlooks (esp Hu Liyang) from 2 investment masters, I do agree with Dennis that we need ask ourselves what if we are wrong. If we know how to react, then it is fine, views from experts are only for reference because no one can be 100% correct.

Time will tell.... we can review again 6-12 months later whether these views are correct or totally wrong.
ngtfook
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by ngtfook »

Thanks ein55 for the summary. :)
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get
RayNg
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

thanks ein55 for the very well written summary of the talks today. Ein55, you're really fast! (the talk ended at 5.10 pm today).

yes, I bumped into more than 10, possibly 20 or more seminar graduates in the Seminar today.

Jun Yi, Head of Education of CMC Markets gave me a VIP ticket to attend, they are major sponsors of the event, so they're given some VIP tickets.

During lunch, I was at VIP lounge and had the chance to speak and ask Prof Chan's questions:

He told me that according to his "Chan's channel" 曾氏通道 , the stock market can still have some way to fall, not bottomed yet. The time to buy is when STI hit -95 in his Chan's Channel, now it is at -75...he said that market might or might not go down to -95 but there is a likelihood to fall further as markets only fell since Aug 2011, just about 2 months...unlike Hu Li Yang, he didn't give specific target level for STI, and asked me to check his website for the latest update of "Chan's channel" 曾氏通道 reading.

He said that American banks still have more losses to write off for selling Credit Default Swaps for European government bonds, so it is NOT time yet to buy CITIGROUP or Bank of America, but he mentioned that these 2 banks, are "too big to fail" and U.S. will likely come to their rescue again if they are in trouble.

Today is the first time I heard Hu Li Yang's speak. I find that he's over-confident. He's very certain the markets would do well, he even put a specific date of from 15 Nov 2011, and told people to buy stocks, and said he's sticking his neck out again, and so far, he's been right on his previous predictions made in seminars conducted in many countries, probably more countries than some of you would ever have the opportunity to travel in your whole life.

He kept using the word "play stocks", which I feel very uncomfortable, becos from my own experience and I remember one of my sifus ever said to me "nobody play stocks, only stocks play people."

He kept using if stock/gold price goes up, the next resistence is 20% higher than the previous resistence level, and he boasted many, many times about how good is he in the talk today.

He is very humourous and entertaining and knows how to play to the crowds....but if you really think about it, you cannot learn much from his talks, except that he kept reminding you he's very good, and he even mentioned that he is better than Warren Buffett.

He said that all his stock investment strategies are covered in his 2 books, 决战股市50招 "50 strokes to Duel in the Stock Market , sequel to his bestselling book 股票投资100招 Stock Investing 100 strokes.

I've bought and read both of his books. I find that some strategies shared are very general and not specific. Guess I'm not too smart, as I still cannot grasp how to apply some of the strategies he shared in his 2 books.

I shared my opinion, you might have a different opinion and that's ok.
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
ilovecck
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by ilovecck »

Dennis Ng wrote:thanks ein55 for the very well written summary of the talks today. Ein55, you're really fast! (the talk ended at 5.10 pm today).

yes, I bumped into more than 10, possibly 20 or more seminar graduates in the Seminar today.

Jun Yi, Head of Education of CMC Markets gave me a VIP ticket to attend, they are major sponsors of the event, so they're given some VIP tickets.

During lunch, I was at VIP lounge and had the chance to speak and ask Prof Chan's questions:

He told me that according to his "Chan's channel" 曾氏通道 , the stock market can still have some way to fall, not bottomed yet. The time to buy is when STI hit -95 in his Chan's Channel, now it is at -75...he said that market might or might not go down to -95 but there is a likelihood to fall further as markets only fell since Aug 2011, just about 2 months...unlike Hu Li Yang, he didn't give specific target level for STI, and asked me to check his website for the latest update of "Chan's channel" 曾氏通道 reading.

He said that American banks still have more losses to write off for selling Credit Default Swaps for European government bonds, so it is NOT time yet to buy CITIGROUP or Bank of America, but he mentioned that these 2 banks, are "too big to fail" and U.S. will likely come to their rescue again if they are in trouble.

Today is the first time I heard Hu Li Yang's speak. I find that he's over-confident. He's very certain the markets would do well, he even put a specific date of from 15 Nov 2011, and told people to buy stocks, and said he's sticking his neck out again, and so far, he's been right on his previous predictions made in seminars conducted in many countries, probably more countries than some of you would ever have the opportunity to travel in your whole life.

He kept using the word "play stocks", which I feel very uncomfortable, becos from my own experience and I remember one of my sifus ever said to me "nobody play stocks, only stocks play people."

He kept using if stock/gold price goes up, the next resistence is 20% higher than the previous resistence level, and he boasted many, many times about how good is he in the talk today.

He is very humourous and entertaining and knows how to play to the crowds....but if you really think about it, you cannot learn much from his talks, except that he kept reminding you he's very good, and he even mentioned that he is better than Warren Buffett.

He said that all his stock investment strategies are covered in his 2 books, 决战股市50招 "50 strokes to Duel in the Stock Market , sequel to his bestselling book 股票投资100招 Stock Investing 100 strokes.

I've bought and read both of his books. I find that some strategies shared are very general and not specific. Guess I'm not too smart, as I still cannot grasp how to apply some of the strategies he shared in his 2 books.

I shared my opinion, you might have a different opinion and that's ok.
Hi Dennis, may I know what does -95 and -75 mean above regarding the STI?