Hu Li Yang

This forum is created to discuss everything about Investing, from investment principles, to theories, concepts, strategies to investment jargons to provide a easy reference for everyone

Moderators: alvin, learner, Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Re: Hu Li Yang

Post by Dennis Ng »

FACT: stock markets fell from Nov to Dec 2011.

No one can predict EXACT dates of stock market rise or fall, unless he is God.

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
ngtfook wrote:Just to share what HU Li Yang said about Nov 15 2011.
He mention after Nov 15, the stock markets will rise.

See link here, 2nd paragraph

http://huliyang.qzone.qq.com/#!app=2&pos=1315328699

Dennis Ng wrote:
shazamnick wrote:
On Hu Liyang
His bravery and foresightedness are worth some respect. Although he got the start of the bull run date wrong, however, he is astonishing analytical and brave enough to declare that the bull is coming when majority are still singing 'London bridge' is falling down.

I am still learning and do not have any achievement to shout about. I always remind myself, how it is possible for me to be financial ok if I am wrong so many times???

tks
Hi shazamanick,
well, let me share what Hu Liyang says and maybe you re-think. I USED to have High Respect for him until I heard him speak at a seminar in Sep 2011 when he said the following:

Hu Li Yang in Sep 2011 says:
1. I'm better than Warren Buffett, even Warren Buffett cannot be compared to me.
2. Ladies and Gentleman, I'm 100% correct, to make money from stocks, just follow me. That's how you make money.

P.S Nobody is 100% correct, so he is definitely NOT telling the truth when he says that.

3. 15 Nov 2011, remember this date, stock markets will rise on this date. Remember this date.

P.S. Nobody can know exact timing, except God. So either he is God or he is ???

You can be wrong more often than you're right and still become Richer. Unbelieveable to you?

By using the Upside at least double Downside rule, you can be wrong 6 out of 10 times and still become Richer. Is this NOT clear to you?
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

FACT: stock markets fell from Nov to Dec 2011.

No one can predict EXACT dates of stock market rise or fall, unless he is God.

Other than that, in Sep seminar in Singapore, he also said:
1. I'm better than Warren Buffett, even Warren Buffett cannot be compared to me.
2. Ladies and Gentleman, I'm 100% correct, to make money from stocks, just follow me, follow Hu Li Yang. That's how you make money.

What is your impression of someone who said words like above?

Cheers!

Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng wrote:
shazamnick wrote:
On Hu Liyang
His bravery and foresightedness are worth some respect. Although he got the start of the bull run date wrong, however, he is astonishing analytical and brave enough to declare that the bull is coming when majority are still singing 'London bridge' is falling down.

I am still learning and do not have any achievement to shout about. I always remind myself, how it is possible for me to be financial ok if I am wrong so many times???

tks
Hi shazamanick,
well, let me share what Hu Liyang says and maybe you re-think. I USED to have High Respect for him until I heard him speak at a seminar in Sep 2011 when he said the following:

Hu Li Yang in Sep 2011 says:
2. Ladies and Gentleman, I'm 100% correct, to make money from stocks, just follow me. That's how you make money.

P.S Nobody is 100% correct, so he is definitely NOT telling the truth when he says that.

3. 15 Nov 2011, remember this date, stock markets will rise on this date. Remember this date.

P.S. Nobody can know exact timing, except God. So either he is God or he is ???

You can be wrong more often than you're right and still become Richer. Unbelieveable to you?

By using the Upside at least double Downside rule, you can be wrong 6 out of 10 times and still become Richer. Is this NOT clear to you?
Cheers!

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.
lop
Platinum Forum Contributor

Post by lop »

Hi RayNg,

Thank for sharing the link to Hu Liyang's blog where he mentioned that the stock market will rise AFTER 15 Nov 2011, i.e. not ON 15 Nov (ein55 also highlighted this in his posting on 16 Nov). If one looks at Dow Jones, it bottomed at 11,232 on 28 Nov and rose about 18% to 13,212 last week. No one can predict exactly when the stock market will rise or fall, but it is quite close, 28 Nov is 13 days AFTER 15 Nov.
ngtfook

Post by ngtfook »

Hi Lop,

Yes, indeed the stock market did rise from Nov2011 till now. :)
lop wrote:

Hi RayNg,

Thank for sharing the link to Hu Liyang's blog where he mentioned that the stock market will rise AFTER 15 Nov 2011, i.e. not ON 15 Nov (ein55 also highlighted this in his posting on 16 Nov). If one looks at Dow Jones, it bottomed at 11,232 on 28 Nov and rose about 18% to 13,212 last week. No one can predict exactly when the stock market will rise or fall, but it is quite close, 28 Nov is 13 days AFTER 15 Nov.
Price is what you pay; Value is what you get
RayNg
lop

Re:

Post by lop »

ein55 wrote:Just a small correction, his prediction is not exactly "on" 15 Nov 2011, but "after" 15 Nov 2011, esp during winter, over a period of Nov-Jan. Currently there is a short term uptrend over the past few weeks, but not sure how long it can last, if STI is below the last low in Oct 2011, around 2500+, then Hu Liyang has failed.

At first I thought he is using his "6 month pessimism" theory to estimate 6 months from May 2011 (starting of Euro crisis) for next rally, which is Nov 2011. To apply this theory, I think we should start 6 months from Oct 2011 (lowest point) when most people are pessimistic, because there is still mixed views before that on market trend.

Later, I found out his real thinking process:

QE2 started in Nov 2010, he thinks the effect of QE usually needs about 6-12 months to see the effect, from printing of money, lending of money by company, to production of goods, finally improving the GDP and economy, which gives confidence to stock market. The process was somehow delayed due to the unexpected Middle East/Euro debt/US credit crisis. His biggest prediction is 2012 is a bullish year for US economy, partly to support US presidential election. If US GDP does not improve in 2012, Hu Liyang has failed.

So, to be fair to him, we should give him another 2 more months to observe the weekly stock market trend, and another 6 months to observe US GDP.

ry9918 wrote:Hi

Hu Li Yang mentioned share market will be GREAT on 15th Nov 2011.

Anything GREAT happening TODAY???
Hi ein55,

Four months have passed, the analysis is correct so far. USA DJI from last year low has been up approx 20% to around 12,800 now. Singapore STI from last year low has been up approx 14% to around 2,980 now. USA economy has been improving slowly, the umemployment rate has improved from above 9% last year to 8.2% last month.
obokchuan
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by obokchuan »

dear all:
who is correct still uncertain. wait and see. :D :)
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

obokchuan wrote:dear all:
who is correct still uncertain. wait and see. :D :)
STI to go up from 15 Nov 2011 onwards? That's what Hu Li Yang said in Sep 2011 when STI was 2,856.

In Stock Markets, the main uncertainty is Timing. So it is very strange when someone claims they can predict stock market to go up or down from a Specific Date. It cannot be due to analysis or method, that's my opinion, but it is something the "crowd" enjoy and look forward to. Unless he shares with us what method he uses to enable him to make such Specific Date Prediction.

If you watch interviews, one common comment from Successful Investors such as Warren Buffett and Jim Rogers is that they are NOT good at timing, they are bad at it, and they would certainly NOT give a specific date for market to go up or down. Guess Hu Li Yang really is better than Warren Buffett, something he claims so as well in his talk in Sep 2011 in Singapore. He said:"I'm better than Warren Buffett in stocks."

Fact:

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^ ... =undefined;

28 Oct 2011 STI at 2,905, 15 Nov 2011 STI closed at 2,811. 30 Dec 2011 STI closed at 2,624. 18 May 2012 STI closed at 2,779.

Anyone read any of his latest commentary? What did he say recently? Did he ask people to sell in Apr 2012?
Cheers!

DavidisFinanciallyFree
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by DavidisFinanciallyFree »

Hi Dennis, thanks for pointing out the TRUTH so that we do not get blinded by the self-acclaimed "prophets"...
Concise reminders from Dennis shifu:
1. Always ask: "What if I'm wrong, will I be financially ok?"
2. Make investment decisions based on FA, TA, CSA and PA, NOT fear & greed.
3. Act when upside is at least twice of downside.
4. CBA
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

DavidisFinanciallyFree wrote:Hi Dennis, thanks for pointing out the TRUTH so that we do not get blinded by the self-acclaimed "prophets"...
I used to have a lot of respect for Hu Li Yang and I have bought and read 2 of his books. But when I attended the seminar in Sep 2011 when he came to Singapore and he said things such as:

1. stock markets would rise on a specific date, he said 15 Nov 2011...(I was thinking, Timing is the main uncertainty in investing, nobody can claim to know exact timing unless he is God, so I was very shocked to hear him said it, especially in a Public Seminar, as many may blindly follow him).

2. "I'm better than Warren Buffett in stocks". I remember the last time I heard something similar is from the founder of Sunshine Empire...and I find that it is boastful to say something like this...Warren Buffett is the Most Successful Stock Investor in the world currently and to say one is better than him, one better have something to back that up, or it sounds like just empty Boasting...

I can only say that I changed my opinion about Mr Hu after that.

'I'm a legend - better than Warren Buffett'
http://www.asiaone.com/News/The+Straits ... 31825.html

On 4 May 2012 Dow 13,038. Daniel Low said that Dow should not fall by more than 300 points in May 2012. On 18 May 2012, Dow closed at 12,369, or down 669 points, more than double of 300 points.

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^ ... =undefined;

Should We Sell In May And Go Away 4 May 2012?
By Daniel Loh (Tudi of Hu Li Yang)

http://www.sharesinv.com/articles/2012/ ... d-go-away/

Who is Daniel Loh?
DANIEL LOH is a stock and options trainer. He has conducted more than 100 classes to date to more than 1,000 students. He is also a partner with Asia’s Leading Stock Guru, Hu Li Yang and an avid educator of Hu Li Yang’s teachings.

He has been trading in the US market since 2004. Trading in US market has enabled him to know more about how the stock market works. Now, he passionately teaches and shares his trading experiences.

To know the direction of the market of the month, we just need to study the first week’s US economic reports, which have been guiding our predictions of the market direction. Last week, we mentioned that we were concerned of the employment report coming out this week. On Wednesday, the US ADP employment report was released. It was below expectation as predicted. However, the main reason why May’s employment result should not be good is because the weekly jobless claims reports have been below expectations throughout April.

The big moment comes this Friday when US market opens, as the non-farm payroll is due. We should not expect a good number. In fact, this is the main concern in Wall Street this week as jobs reports have generally been bad these two months.

So, will May be a disastrous month for the market? Will the market suffer a selloff then?

In fact, judging by these few days, May did not have a bad start. On Tuesday, Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 60 points because of a surprisingly good ISM report. In fact, actual results of 54.8% beat the forecast of 53.3%, which is a total surprise. ISM measures how good the enterprises are faring.

We opine that after Tuesday’s ISM, which blew away the estimate, the “Sell in May and go away” theory may not be that accurate. We are not expecting a selloff this month! At most, the market may trend sideways but it won’t fall a lot. The Dow probably would not fall more than 300 points.

But of course, whether the Dow will rise have to depend on this Friday’s jobs number. Keep a lookout on our coverage after the number.

Expectations may have been set in Wall Street to expect a bad number. If the jobs number is not that bad, maybe there is a chance that the Dow will still end in the green this month.

Another cause for joy in May is that Facebook will launch its IPO this month. Technological stocks may have a run up before Facebook’s IPO, which will certainly impact the market.

So before you panic to sell away your stocks should Friday’s jobs number be worse-than-expected and market falls, you might want to remember what Asian Leading Investment Guru, Hu Li Yang, always says, “When most people think in a certain way, the market often reacts in the opposite direction. You can only be a winner when you are abnormal!”
Cheers!

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

Back in year 2010, Hu Li Yang said Gold prices too high at US$1,400, is akin to walking on thin ice and can fall anytime.

He said:"Gold was good at US$1,000 but will be like walking on thin ice at $1,400 (如履薄冰)"
Cheers!

obokchuan
Silver Forum Contributor

Post by obokchuan »

这是胡立阳的意见,仅供参考。

以下是胡立阳老师最新文章,非常看好接下来股市:

全球股市将迎来值得期待的三年荣景
7月4日

我认为有关欧债的问题正逐渐获得纾解,风暴已近尾声。倘若我的分析正确,欧洲经济将由下半年起,连续三年开始缓慢复苏,全球股市也因此即将步入为期三年的荣景。

原因有四:

1 资金充沛

全球目前仍维持空前未有的超低利率,下面2~3年出现骤然反转的机率极低。

2 与股市产生资金排挤效应的因素逐渐排除
油、金等原物料正步入长期熊市,一度飙涨的全球房价终于趋稳,投资资金将陆续回流股市。

3经济缓慢但稳定成长

相较于冲天炮式的爆发性经济发展,匍匐前进式且缓慢的经济成长才更有利于股市走得长长久久。

4 全球股市大都停滞在低档区域

投资者大都仍深陷于欧债危机的迷思之中,悲观气氛浓厚,投资意愿极度低落,已近金融海啸时的低点,股市再度来到盘整待变的低档区域。

回顾过去历史,能蕴酿出股市黄金时光的这四项完美条件绝少同时发生,但现在它们似乎就在眼前了。

胡立阳
Dennis Ng
Site Admin

Post by Dennis Ng »

wow, he can see very far. Mr Hu Li Yang can see a Bull Market from now for the next 3 years. He sees the Europe's debt Crisis subsiding and things will be rosy again.

For me, I cannot see so far, I can only say "let the markets tell us where they want to go". If markets turn to downtrend, we Sell, if markets continues uptrend, we ride the trend up. I would say "let the trend be our friend until it ends".

Cheers!

Dennis Ng
obokchuan wrote:这是胡立阳的意见,仅供参考。

以下是胡立阳老师最新文章,非常看好接下来股市:

全球股市将迎来值得期待的三年荣景
7月4日

我认为有关欧债的问题正逐渐获得纾解,风暴已近尾声。倘若我的分析正确,欧洲经济将由下半年起,连续三年开始缓慢复苏,全球股市也因此即将步入为期三年的荣景。

原因有四:

1 资金充沛

全球目前仍维持空前未有的超低利率,下面2~3年出现骤然反转的机率极低。

2 与股市产生资金排挤效应的因素逐渐排除
油、金等原物料正步入长期熊市,一度飙涨的全球房价终于趋稳,投资资金将陆续回流股市。

3经济缓慢但稳定成长

相较于冲天炮式的爆发性经济发展,匍匐前进式且缓慢的经济成长才更有利于股市走得长长久久。

4 全球股市大都停滞在低档区域

投资者大都仍深陷于欧债危机的迷思之中,悲观气氛浓厚,投资意愿极度低落,已近金融海啸时的低点,股市再度来到盘整待变的低档区域。

回顾过去历史,能蕴酿出股市黄金时光的这四项完美条件绝少同时发生,但现在它们似乎就在眼前了。

胡立阳
Cheers!

ein55
Investing Mentor

Post by ein55 »

Hu Liyang has a seminar today to share on outlook for 2nd half of 2012. For those who attend this talk, hope you can share some key points.

I am interested to hear his latest view, esp on the prediction of promising next 3 years (starting 2nd half of 2012). His latest prediction is aligned with my view earlier this year (posted in this forum) that there is another 1-3 years of bull market ahead (2012-2014), duration depends on how fast is the growth rate (shorter duration if growth is very fast, eg. with QE3).

Of course, if anyone attending any other seminars, if you feel useful, hope you can share the main points with the rest too.
Einstein: "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler".
Email Dr. Tee: ein55.tee@gmail.com
Ein55 Free Investment Courses and eBook: http://www.ein55.com/free-public-educat ... by-dr-tee/
lootster

Post by lootster »

Thanks ein55 for the info!

Yup looking forward to know what Hu Li Yang has to say about the coming stock market development.... it's so interesting to his view vs Dennis view
equilat
Gold Forum Contributor

Post by equilat »

Well. A full day for me. I attended his seminar and afterwards went alone to see Dennis. Din see any familiar faces, so left immediately after paying respect.

Anyway here is a short summary of what has spoken.

current euro crises is only having half the impact of the global fin crisis in 2008
the amount of money needed to save the euro crisis is only 10% of that needed for usa whcih then needed 2-3trillion
there is a probability that greece will have to leave the euro eventually as a final resort.
The current turmoil is created by big funds flow that create the volatility.
He only bother about how long will a bull run lasts, can be from 9mths to 2yrs.

If there is a chance that sti drop to 2400, then can buy stocks. Sti can buy at 2917 if corrected. The next support 2868. The next box resistant at 3300. Sti must trade above 3000 for consecutive 5 days with increase volume to signal that 3000 has been conquered.

The global bull market is coming over the next 3 yrs till 2015. There are four conditions for this to take place. One is ample liquidity becos of low interest rates.

Oil, gold and commodity has entered a bear phase for the next 20 years. Any index that comes down more than 20% and cannot recover within 3 months, then it means it has entered into bear phase.

Gold will enter into 20 years of bear market. All the reason for buying gold has already been factored in and hence there is no more buyer for gold anymore. Resistant is at 1728 .

Property market also has the same characteristic of gold. If 1 yr fix deposit rate is more than 3.5%, then property will correct down 10 to 20%. But property will not correct much becos of low interest rate scenario now. Days of property boom is over.

He predicted that economy will start recovering gradually over the next three years. Its best for stock market to have low and slow economic recovery. Market will recover at least for 3 years.