What is IDAC? How IDAC affect me?

Welcome ! As starter, you can discuss anything related to motor insurance here, or create your new forum for other topics.

Moderator: Dennis Ng

Dennis Ng
Site Admin

What is IDAC? How IDAC affect me?

Post by Dennis Ng »

What is Idac?

The Idac network was set up to provide a fast, impartial accident assessment service and to reduce claims fraud. There are Idac at convenient locations around Singapore.

Many insurers require policyholders to deliver their vehicle directly to an Idac following an accident. Check with your insurer if in doubt.

If your insurer is a member of Idac:

Your vehicle will be towed free of charge to an Idac within 24 hours of the accident. An assessor will record visible damage and prepare a report on the replacement parts needed.

Once you have the report, you can make arrangements with your insurer for the vehicle to be repaired.

Remember: Do not authorise any repair work without the consent of your insurer as it will need to negotiate repair costs with the workshop before repairs begin.
If your insurer is not a member of Idac:

Your authorised workshop will contact your insurer to have the vehicle surveyed and authorised for repairs.

Idac Hotline
1-800-887-5151

Note: the above info is extracted from info provided by General Insurance Association of Singapore
Cheers!

Dennis Ng - When You Master Your Finances, You Master Your Destiny

Note: I'm just sharing my personal comments, not giving you investment advice nor stock investment tips.